The Administrative Assistant shall provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports the staff through a variety of tasks related to organization management and communication.
Founded in 1997, APLA is an independent organization mandated to represent and lobby for the collective interests of Local Authorities (LAs) by supporting capacity building among local governments, facilitating exchange of knowledge and best practices, and serving as vehicle for dialogue between the central government and LAs.
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Monitor daily attendance of the staff.
- Manage office petty cash including monitoring cash invoices and updating the cash report.
- Schedule and coordinate staff interviews and meetings.
- Ensure the popper use of APLA’s Assets.
- Prepare order forms for all needed office supplies.
- Answer phone calls, disseminate information and transfer massages to concerned parties.
- Keeping track for office maintenance and other related services.
- Make sure all office facilities are working properly, and monitor the maintenance process.
- Make sure employees are following policies and procedures.
- Manage the Executive director’s diary, schedule, meetings and appointments appropriately.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Provide support in HR and management.
- Maintain and update contact details of partners and other stakeholders.
- Support or coordinate meetings, conferences or debates, including diary management.
- Perform any other duties as required and appropriate for APLA.
The Administrative Assistant will work in APLA’s office in Ramallah, to provide effective and efficient management of APLAs Administrative affairs.
The Administrative Assistant will report on a day to day basis to the Executive Director of APLA.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Diploma in office management/ Secretariat. Bachelor is preferred.
- At least 5 years working experience in similar fields.
- Excellent knowledge in Ms. Office (word, excel, power point, outlook, good back ground in archiving).
- Attention to details, excellent organizational skills and staff management skills.
- Very good written and verbal skills, both Arabic and English.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Place of the assignment
Qualified candidates should send the most recent CV including Three professional contacts as references, and a cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position to the following email address: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting applications: Thursday, 17.12.2020.
Please indicate the position title (Admin Assistant) in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
APLA is an equal opportunities employer.