The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following post:
Position Title : Administrative Assistant
Reporting To : Director-General
Location : East Jerusalem
Duration : 12 months contract-renewable.
Job Type : Full time
Closing Date : Thursday-December 26, 2019
Vacancy Code : ADMIN/8/2019
UCS is the first National Palestinian non-profit and independent union of non-governmental charitable and developmental societies that was established in Jerusalem in 1958. It strives to build an effective Palestinian civil society through advancing the Palestinian civil work in an institutionalized and democratic manner and according to good governance and accountability standards in order to contribute to national building and sustainable development. UCS aims mainly at empowering the Palestinian non-governmental organizations, developing their resources and advocating for their rights and causes. It also strives for supporting sectoral development priorities in the fields of social welfare, poverty reduction, health, education, childhood, women and youth empowerment, integration of the disabled people, elderly care, human development and demographic planning.
- Main duties and responsibilities
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks support in a well-organized and timely manner. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing logistic support to our Director-General, managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our organization’s general administrative activities. Also duties of the Administrative Assistant include making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filling systems.
Specific duties and responsibilities
Support for Managers:
- Assist UCS Director-General and line managers in organizing their administrative work in order to carry out their tasks accurately and successfully.
-Support line managers in procedures and required support team trainings.
-Supervising the trainees and volunteers.
-Handling executives' requests and queries appropriately.
-Maintaining up to date mailing lists and contact details of members, donors, and other relevant UCS partners and stakeholders.
-Undertaking the tasks of receiving calls, take messages, routing correspondence.
-Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed.
-Provide general support to visitors.
-Support the planning and preparation of all UCS related meetings, including Director General Meetings, Board members meetings, staff meetings and other meetings with externals.
-Maintain diary, arrange meetings and appointments and provide reminders.
-Take detailed minutes of the meetings and following up the implementation of the decisions.
-Ensure the timely delivery of logistics support services to all UCS departments.
-Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers.
-Maintaining office equipment as needed.
-Ensure that UCS offices are kept clean and tidy.
Services related to member societies:
-Follow-up requests and needs of member associations with the relevant departments and the Director-General.
-Assist in collecting data from members and maintaining structured monitoring and reporting mechanisms.
-Responsible for tracking and collection of membership fees.
-Assist in developing and maintaining a calendar of upcoming events that can be shared among UCS members and stakeholders.
-Arranging for a reception ceremony for UCS important visitors.
-Ensure that invitations are sent to institutions and individuals for the UCS's events and published on Website and social media in cooperation with media officer.
-Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and archiving system of all UCS documents.
-Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff.
-Book travel arrangements.
-Produce reports, presentations and briefs.
-Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
Basic Financial tasks:
-Responsible for petty cash payments ensuring that the cash payments are correctly recorded in cashboxes and cash count is conducted on daily basis.
-Maintaining supply inventory.
-Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the UCS that are within the incumbent’s expertise and experience.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Office management, English Language, Public relations or any related Fields.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in a similar role, preferably with NGOs or INGOs.
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to structure own work independently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
- Positive, tactful and diplomatic individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- Ability to solve problem.
- Skill in document composition.
- The applicant must be fluent in both speaking and writing English and Arabic with Hebrew desirable.
- Excellent knowledge and Professional user of MS Office, web browsing and social media.
- The applicant must have a valid driving license.
- The applicant must be a resident of Jerusalem.
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “Administrative Assistant Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline for sending job applications will be Thursday in the 26th of December 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.