Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the Programme “Strengthening of Police Structures in the Palestinian Territories”, Germany is making a comprehensive contribution to developing the capacity of the Palestinian Civil Police (PCP) as part of an institutional development process of their forces. The objective is as follows: The PCP operates to professional standards. Its approach is citizen-friendly and it acts in accordance with the principles of the rule of law. The police forces ensure security and order while respecting human rights. Strengthening community relations is a central part of their work. To this end, the community policing approach is mainstreamed in the context of structural reform in all police stations of the West Bank.
Responsibilities and tasks of the Administrative Assistant include but are not limited to:
- answers, reviews, forwards and/or takes calls;
- assists in preparing and maintaining inventory lists and monitoring the availability of resources;
- organizes and maintains the office and office equipment and vehicle (which includes vehicles’ log book, fuel consumption calculation and renewal of vehicle’s rental agreement);
- reports damage/defects in office furnishings and equipment to programme management and organises and follows up on maintenance and repair;
- prepares and organizes traveling procedures, hotel accommodation and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts and others.
- assists in procuring/contracting goods and services required for the programme according to GIZ regulations;
- assists in preparing administrative receipts and vouchers for booking and VAT;
- assists in managing and following up payments for suppliers, consultants, and others;
- helps create and maintain a filing system for the office or programme, treats information confidentially, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance;
- assists the programme team in preparing training plans for the PCP, and collects data and information material from the PCP monthly for the officer responsible;
- proceeds training certificates and other documents as needed.
- organises and coordinates programme support staff and works well with them;
- assists the programme team in logistical matters, i.e. arrangements for meetings, workshops etc;
- provides translation of documents and vouchers related to the program (English-Arabic and vice versa).
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- college or university degree in administration or any related field of study
- recent graduate or at least 1-year professional experience in a comparable position
- fluent in English and Arabic. German is a plus;
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office; word, excel, PowerPoint);
- good management and organisational skills;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds;
- Service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
Assignment: Starting 01.02.2019
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and a one page cover letter, no later than 14th January 2019.
Kindly state in the email subject “Administrative Assistant - SPS”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and to sit for a written test.