The World Council of Churches (WCC) is an ecumenical fellowship of churches founded in 1948, which brings together 350 Christian denominations from all over the world. It promotes Christian unity in faith, witness and service for a just and peaceful world.
Fully part of the WCC, the Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel (WCC-EAPPI) was founded in 2002 in response to a call from the local Heads of Churches in Jerusalem and brings internationals to the West Bank for protective presence, accompaniment and international advocacy.
The WCC-EAPPI is looking for an Administrative Assistant (M/W) at 100%, based in Jerusalem, who will be responsible to provide administrative support to the Local Programme Coordinator and other team members, to organize logistics tasks in relation to WCC-EAPPI activities, to schedule delegation, to ensure that adequate and cost-effective supplies, services and equipment are available for the good functioning of the office.
In particular, he/she will be responsible for:
- Welcome visitors in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries;
- Be responsible for postal mail;
- Manage office resources and purchase services and equipment;
- Provide general administrative and clerical support;
- Provide logistics for EAs and staff members as necessary;
- Liaise with Geneva headquarters for HR related issues; create annual staff calendar; monitor attendance sheets and absences according to staff regulations; publish vacancy notices on local appropriate website.
- Organize materials and prepare kits for Ecumenical Accompaniers;
- Be responsible for accommodation, venues and meals for groups of visitors and specific events organized for Ecumenical Accompaniers;
- Under the supervision of the finance officer, cash checks at the bank, distribute petty cash;
The Administrative assistant is accountable to the International Programme Coordinator and reports to the Local Programme Coordinator.
Qualifications and special requirements:
- Proven experience as administrative assistant;
- High school degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Outlook.
- Jerusalem ID is a plus
- Able to work or learn to work with an electronic monitoring and knowledge management system (HUB)
- Proactive, self-motivated, team player, problem solving, excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Sensitivity to the local cultures and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the church bodies in the Holy Land, and the three Abrahamic religions generally.
- Fluent command of spoken and written Arabic and English; knowledge of Hebrew.
Deadline for receiving applications: 2 January 2019
Applications (CV, motivation letter, Application Form, copy of diploma, work certificate/references) are to be returned to the Human Resources Department: [email protected]
The Application Form is available at the following address: http://www.oikoumene.org/en/get-involved/job-openings
About human resources at the WCC:
The WCC is an equal opportunity employer. The sole criteria for recruitment, training and career opportunities are qualification, skills, experience and performance to all its staff members.