International News is at the heart of BBC news.
BBC News Group employs over 1750 staff in around 65 international bureaux. It provides multimedia content to a global weekly audience of over 350 million in English and forty other languages around the clock, every day of the year. Our bureaux react to breaking news, provide news updates and analysis and produce live and pre-recorded programme output. In a highly competitive market, delivering to both UK Licence Fee payers and our commercial partners, BBC News services must be reliable and consistent.
At the Jerusalem Bureau we are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active Administration Assistant to provide comprehensive administrative assistance. This role will be responsible for a broad range of administrative tasks e.g. the handling and direction of queries, maintenance of records, facilities management, acting as the first point of contact for the team as well as coordination of projects and activities.
A key function of the role is to provide administrative and facilities support to our bureau in Jerusalem, Gaza and Ramallah. As such you will be required to assist in the management of essential bureau services involving all visiting tradespeople such as electricians and plumbers, and understand how they interface with the buildings management. The successful candidate will be required to maintain and update various bureau logs across our Jerusalem, Ramallah and Gaza offices using Excel spreadsheets as well as interface with key staff in all three locations and London to ensure bureau maintenance and safety standards are adhered to.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Are you the right candidate?
- Fluency in English, Hebrew and Arabic
- Ability to prioritise, use initiative and work effectively under pressure without close supervision
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of people and at all levels of the BBC
- Good planning and organising skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Practical knowledge and skills in using a range of packages, including Word, & Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines, often under pressure
- Experience of producing timely and accurate information and reports
- Able to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of and ability to work flexibly and pragmatically in an operational environment
- A lively interest in the broadcast news, digital news and wider media environment and appreciation of the particular demands it may place on financial and administrative work
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Willingness to travel to Ramallah as required
Please see the attached Job Description for more information.
One year fixed term contract/attachment.
This is a part time role working 21 hours per week. We are happy to discuss how the successful applicant structures their week to accommodate the part-time hours.
Local terms and conditions apply
Role based in Jerusalem
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Jerusalem
About the BBC
Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation.
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here