Job Title: Administrative and Logistics Clerk
Type of Contract: National Personnel Services Agreement
Duty Station: Gaza
Duration of Contract: 1 year
Closing Date: Before 6:59 am on 16 June 2023
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United NationsDevelopment Programme (UNDP)is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 170 countries and territories, working with governments and people on their own solutions to global and national development challenges to help empower lives and build resilient nations. UNDP Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) derives its mandate from the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 33/147 of 20 December 1978 to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people by identifying their social and economic needs and by establishing concrete projects to that end.
UNDP/PAPP places empowerment, resilience and sustainability at the centre of its operation and focuses on three priority areas: the Gaza Strip, East Jerusalem and Area C of the West Bank, where the needs are the greatest. UNDP/PAPP is active in three thematic areas: governance and basic services; inclusive economic development; and management of natural resources. All these focus areas fall under the broader umbrella of transformative resilience which is centered around three concepts: ownership and leadership, self-reliance and cohesive identity.
UNDP/PAPP is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Administrative and Logistics Clerk based in Gaza, to support the work of the Gaza Economic Resilience Programme (GERP) team under the overall guidance of the Programme Analyst and the direct supervision of the Project Managers, and for an expected duration of 1 year with a possibility of renewal. S/he will be supporting the day-to-day programme activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative and logistical support to the portfolio
- Support the day-to-day administrative management of programme and procurement activities
- Support the knowledge-building and knowledge sharing
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Administrative and logistical support to the portfolio: provides effective support to the project team to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of administrative and logistical aspects of the work, including, but not limited to:
- Maintains the internal filing and archiving system.
- Provides support to the preparation and conducting of regular team meetings, events with internal and external stakeholders, and field visits.
- Prepares and submits travel authorizations and claim forms for travel expenses.
- Maintains records of verified time sheets for the project team.
- Provides administrative support in the preparation of project proposal packages.
- Provides administrative support to the Project Managers in following up on recruitment, contract extension and other internal human resource-related issues.
- Makes logistical arrangements for travel, workshops, conferences, missions, and field visits including transportation and accommodation.
- Drafts simple correspondence, agendas, programmes, and itineraries for approval.
- Supports the preparation of the Procurement Annual Plan.
Support the day-to-day administrative management of programme and procurement activities:
- Provides administrative support to the Project Managers and other relevant staff in the administration of responsible party agreements (RPAs).
- Supports and follows through on requests for payments from programme partners/consultants.
- Follow up on the HACT/Audit and other corporate requirements with the relevant BSSC focal point.
- Assists in the preparation of certificate of completion/evaluation for consultants/contractors.
- Provides administrative support to the procurement of goods and services.
Support the knowledge-building and knowledge sharing
- Ensures prompt compiling, copying and distribution of all project/activity reports.
- Supports in maintaining the team calendar and leave plan.
- Supports the Programme Analyst and Project Managers in the follow-up of evaluations.
Performs any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Under the guidance of the Programme Analyst and the direct supervision of the Project Managers, the Administrative and Logistics Clerk will provide programme support services, primarily administrative and logistical services, ensuring high quality, accuracy, and consistency of work. In addition, the incumbent will provide support to the relevant project staff in the administration of implementing partners/consultants/contractors. S/he will work in close collaboration with the operations, communications and other programme staff in Jerusalem, Ramallah, and Gaza Strip.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences with one year of relevant administrative and programme support experience
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below