Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-profit making organization working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office an
Admin & Finance Officer
For a period of 12 months
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The overall responsibility will be to manage accountancy by effectively using AGRESSO based on AAH standards, IFRS, Government Regulations, and Donor Policies; carry out financial and accounting tasks in a correct manner to regularly produce reliable and transparent information in a timely manner.
- Provide all necessary information to the Admin and Finance Manager for the preparation of Budget versus Actuals (follow-up or BvA) and forecast reports.
- Support Admin and Finance Manager in creating a budget for new proposals.
Administration and contract management
- Ensure that local taxation law requirements are fully complied with in collaboration with the Admin and Finance Manager.
- Make sure the formalities required by the local authorities are followed in all official documents in collaboration with the Admin and Finance Manager.
- Support the Finance and Admin Manager in following up on local authorities’ yearly questionnaires and the online system.
- Participate in bids’ opening session and quotations/tender assessments upon request of the Admin and Finance Manager.
- Update bank guarantees to track sheet and follow up when it needs to be returned to suppliers.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security-related information or noncompliance with the security plan. – not relevant to this position
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, and see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and performs the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols. – not relevant to this position
- Support in following up on the related task and responsibilities for the daily workers at the base level including contracts, amendments, extensions, working certificates, etc. including updating the daily worker tracking sheet
Financial management (cash/accounting)
- Adhere to and enforce the financial internal and donor budget guidelines.
- Make sure that all policies (such as cash management policy), contracts and MoUs are followed
- Check all documents submitted from different parties with ensuring the quality of all vouchers according to the donors, and internal and national regulations.
- Ensure the partner's expenditures are eligible (appropriate bills, invoices, order forms, etc...) through regular verifications, possible corrections, and a timely encoded in Agresso.
- Ensure that all accounting data are appropriately encoded to AGRESSO. Oversee and manage daily accounting (Agresso) including timely recording of transactions, ensuring the correct analytical codes (project codes, financial lines, third party code, accounting code, CAT6, etc.
- Support the Admin and Finance Manager to manage day-to-day accounting functions including regular cash verification, bank, and balance sheet accounts reconciliations, and monthly closing.
- Ensure a weekly submission of bank and cash books postback to the AGRESSO accounting system.
- Prepare cash/bank books and monthly reconciliation for the Hebron office on monthly basis.
- Collaborate with the Admin and Finance Manager to develop monthly cash flow forecast and internal treasury analysis based on the projects and office need
- Creates suppliers’ accounting codes and fixed assets codes in cooperation with the Admin and Accounting Officer in the Jerusalem office.
- Control and manage the Base office cash box, and petty cash and perform a daily check. Perform the weekly checks together with the Admin and Finance Manager. Be prepared for a monthly random check of cash box by the Head of Base or by another member of the senior staff.
- Collect, classify and record the expense invoices, contracts, and MoUs into Agresso in accordance with AAH internal rules, cost coverage plan, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Performs cost reallocation based on coverage in Agresso upon the request of the Admin and Finance Manager.
- Control and oversee the status of the receivables and payables (class 4) at the Base Level Conducts “matching” operation in coordination with the Admin and Accounting Officer in the Jerusalem office.
Internal/external control systems/Archiving
- Ensure the fulfillment and adherence to the signatories' policy and schedule for purchases and payment authorizations.
- Support the Admin and Finance Manager in the preparation of all internal and external financial audits. Ensure that all supporting documents in the financial files are valid, completed, and correctly organized.
- Ensure compliance with the internal guidelines regarding the risk of theft, armed robbery, corruption, embezzlement, errors, and losses.
- Address HQ preventive control requests to Admin and Accounting Officer in the Jerusalem office.
- Support the Finance and Admin Manager in the preparation of the documents for the local authority’s auditors.
- Support the Finance and Admin Manager in following up on the archiving for other departments (HR, Logistics, Technical, and Operation).
- In collaboration with the Admin and Finance Manager maintain a transparent financial tracking and filing system and ensure that all necessary original documents are archived correctly and on time.
- Establish and maintain a proper filing system for all cash and bank transactions and guarantee the security of the files under his/her responsibilities.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Accountancy, Financial Management or Administration or related area.
- Minimum 2 years experience in finance and/or accounting-related field.
- Knowledge of Admin procedures, accounting, and finance. is compulsory.
- Previous working experience in NGOs or INGOs is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance bookkeeping, and archiving.
- Basic Knowledge of Logistics
- Knowledge of donor’s guidelines (ECHO, EU, UNICEF, AECID, OCHA . etc.) is an advantage
- Experience in working with Agresso accountancy software is a plus.
- Experience in the appropriate bank and cash management. Accounting cycle.
- Basic experience in budgeting and budget management.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Computer skills in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and internet, command Excel)
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below