Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organization working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office a
Administrative and Finance Manager
For 12 months with a possibility of extension
The overall responsibility is related to financial and administrative management in Hebron office and provides support to the functioning of the base and programs; in accordance with AAH’s rules and regulations
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The candidate will be responsible on the following objectives and tasks:
Objective 1: Team management
- Manage the members of admin and finance team in the follow up and implementation of their tasks (including on the current accounting regulations and ensure all admin staff adhere to organization procedures (Cash management Policy).
- Manage and regularly monitor the performance of the staff of his/her direct responsibilities, during the yearly appraisal and on ad hoc basis.
- Responsible for following up the capacity building of the Hebron admin and finance team members based on performance appraisals and technical needs with clear capacity building plan for them.
Objective 2: Budget Management
- To develop a budget proposal in collaboration with the technical, MEAL and logistic teams, the HoB and the Admin/Finance Coordinator.
- Provide all necessary information to the Admin/Finance Coordinator and the HoB for the preparation of Budget versus Actuals (follow up or BvA), forecast and donor reports.
- Ensure that donor`s guidelines and procedures are followed and respected throughout the whole implementation period of each project and costs are eligible
- Supervise the Co-funding at base level for each budget where applicable.
- Create newly signed budgets in DONOR file.
- Prepare Non-Cost Extension and Cost Extension for projects when needed.
- To verify that partner budgets and financial reports coincide with AGRESSO and are in line with signed contracts.
Objective 3: Administration and Contract Management
- Make sure the formalities required by the local authorities are followed in all official documents at the Base in collaboration with the Head of Base and Admin/Finance Coordinator.
- Participate in writing the admin department strategy upon request.
- Maintain contact with local or international NGO partner`s administration in the base in coordination with technical teams to support them in report preparation.
- Prepare local partners’ administrative assessment using AAH tools and participate in the due diligence process.
- Support the mission in developing AAH Palestinian Territory guidelines for local implementing partner.
- Act as the focal point with the bank and financial service providers in Hebron.
- Revise all work agreements and MoUs (financial and non-financial).
- Participate in the office meeting and provide the information and analysis that are needed from admin/finance point view.
Objective 4: Financial management (cash/accounting)
- Adhere to and enforce the financial internal and donors budget guidelines, particularly regarding the cash management procedures at the Base.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate accounting system ensuring the daily data entry in AGRESSO cash books.
- Ensure a regular cash verification, bank and balance sheet accounts reconciliations, monthly closing at the Base.
- Ensure that all payments have the appropriate codification and are paid within the due deadlines in compliance with the signed agreement.
- Prepare monthly treasury forecast.
- Analyze and follow-up of financial risks for the base through the eFMT.
- Supervise, update, and analyze the base cost coverage plan monthly using eFMT, eCCP and M1 reporting tools in full coordination with HoB.
Objective 5: Internal/external control systems/Archiving
- Ensure the fulfillment and adherence to the signatories' policy and schedule for purchases and payment authorizations
- Support the Admin/Finance Coordinator in the preparation of all internal and external financial audits. Ensure that all supporting documents in the financial files are valid, completed and correctly organized.
- Maintain a transparent financial tracking and filing system and ensure that all necessary original documents are correctly archived at the Base by the technical teams through regular checks
- Ensure the compliance with the internal guidelines regarding the risk of theft, armed robbery, corruption, embezzlement, errors and losses. Commit to respect AAH internal rules and compliance with local authorities’ rules and regulations
Objective 6: Reporting
- Attend weekly base meetings.
- Prepare financial reports (intermediate and final) as per donor`s requirements.
- Prepare Annual Base Budget with the coordination of the TEC, MEAL, HR, LOG team and with HoB.
- Recommend financial related solutions/options on reporting concerns for Admin and Finance Coordinator and the HoB to consider.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Accountancy, Financial Management or Administration or related area.
- Expertise in accounting and finance and good knowledge in accounting software (AGRESSO).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance, or administration departments.
- Knowledge of Admin procedures is compulsory and Knowledge of donor’s guidelines (ECHO, EU, UNICEF, ACCD, GAC, etc.) a strong advantage.
- Experience in dealing with major humanitarian donors and donor compliance issues.
- Experience in tax management, local partners management and team management. Previous working experience in NGO, knowledge of project cycle management, data protection, auditing and compliance.
- Good planning and monitoring skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communications skills.
- Capacity to work autonomously in close coordination with the other AAH departments in the base.
- Professionalism – Sense of confidentiality.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Computer skills in MS-Office (Word, PowerPoint and internet, Excellent experience in Excel).
100,131 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Action Against Hunger has commitment to protect all persons we come into contact with through our work, including children and At-Risk adults. Action Against Hunger has ZERO TOLERANCE towards all forms of harm and abuse, including sexual abuse and sexual exploitation. We take concerns and complaints relating to Safeguarding issues involving our Staff, Associated Personnel, Partners and Suppliers very seriously and will take action to vigorously investigate and manage any violations or alleged violations of our policies.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service.
Applications will be accepted no later than Sunday, 08th January 2023.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our website www.accioncontraelhambre.org. In case you do not find the job advertisement published here, it means that the selection process has been closed.