Press House - Palestine (BAS) is an independent, non-profit media institution that deals with issues relevant for media, freedom of opinion and expression and supporting of independent media. Press House - Palestine was founded in May 2013, at the initiative of a group of journalists and concerned people, who are interested in the Palestinian Journalism, in order to establish a free and independent media by adopting the approach of professionally and objectivity in the search for a more democratic society, that reflects a unique model of corporation and exchange with the various sectors of civil society.
Position: Admin. & financial officer
Place: Press House – Gaza Strip.
Job type: Full time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising & following up all the administrative & financial procedures related to Press House.
- Preparing financial reports & budgets to the projects of Press House.
- Following up & controlling budgets of the projects, reviewing each budget line and taking the appropriate financial decisions according to the financial system implemented in Press House.
- Following up, reviewing & auditing all the financial operations and to ensure the appropriate implementation of the accounting cycle including paper & electronic accounting procedures.
- Preparing & auditing employees’ salaries, bonuses, petty cash, dues of individuals, companies, contracting and partner institutions of Press House and any other related expenses.
- Reviewing & auditing all registration documents and documents for entering accounting entries into the computer, in accordance with the accounting computer systems and programs applied in Press House and on the basis of the approved accounting cycle and based on the financial system of Press House.
- Preparing bank reconciliation statements and following up on the financial installments, reviewing & auditing procurement procedures of the organization according to the allocated budgets, with procurement & logistics officer & concerned parties.
- Following up on the financial claims and official correspondences issued & coming to Press House and implementing its procedures.
- Following up on the correspondences & procedures with donors, ministerial & governmental authorities.
- Following up on activities through financial action plan in coordination with project coordinators periodically, and all needed for that.
- Maintaining scanned copy of all financial transactions and archiving them on paper & electronically.
- Performing any other tasks assigned to him/her from the manager in scoop of his/her job.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Holds bachelor’s degree in accounting financial sciences or any other related fields. . A master's degree is considered an addition
- Practical experience in senior management positions in the areas of financial management, human and administrative resources, not less than 5 years, preferably having worked in advanced financial and administrative positions in local and international NGOs.
- The ability to write professional administrative and financial reports and correspondence in English.
- Good experience in preparing project budgets & financial action plans for activities.
- Excellent knowledge of different electronic account systems, Excel and MS Office and familiarity with related computer software
- Familiarity with labor laws and regulations in civil organizations and non-profit institutions.
- Proficiency in dealing with accounting programs, especially the Golden Asseal program.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, meet deadlines & work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization & time management skills.
- Fluency in Arabic & English, written & spoken.
For those who are interested in applying, should send their CV to the institution’s headquarters during official working hours or via the following email: [email protected]
Note that the last date for submission is March 8, 2022 not later than 03:00 pm.