MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a:
Admin & Finance Officer – Jericho (WB) Base
Job Title: Admin & Finance Officer
Job Location: Jericho, West Bank (WB)
Direct Supervisor: West Bank Field Manager
Duration of contract: 12 months including 3 months of probation period, with a possibility of extension
based on performance and fund availability.
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence. MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been oriented to Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), and Primary Healthcare.
This position will be rresponsible for all administrative, budget and accounting tasks of MdM-S in WB under the supervision of the Field Manager, at the WB Base.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The position will be based in Jericho City, with possible visits to Ramallah and Jerusalem.
Base Procedures and Management:
- Follow up and advice the implementation of the administrative, financial and human resources procedures for the MdM-S office in the Base in collaboration with the Field Manager.
- Under the supervision of the Field Manager, prepare procedures for eventual issues related to the WB and Jerusalem office.
- Brief new staff about MdM-S terms and conditions of employment and internal regulations.
- Track office consumption of the electricity, telephone, mobiles, internet, and car fuel.
Filling and Reporting:
- Responsible for filing and archiving administrative files and financial documents.
- Proceed with tax payments.
- Facilitate the external auditing reports.
- Draw up monthly reports to be submitted to the Field Manager.
- Propose and estimate the budget of MdM-S projects in WB together with the Field Manager. In particular, participate in the elaboration of the annual project budget, and the project proposals’ budget.
- Identify the monthly financial needs in the WB Base in collaboration with the Field Manager and request HQ fund transfer when needed.
- In coordination with the Field Manager, follow up on the budget execution.
- Recording, codification and filing of all invoices and receipts of expenditures daily according to the MdM-S financial procedures.
- Encode financial transactions in as per MdM-S models and procedures, monthly.
- Prepare the monthly accounts and send them to HQ timely.
- Give support and advice to the Field Manager on preparing VAT exemption requests, ensuring compliance with VAT exemption rules and procedures and other relevant requirements; legal, financial etc.
- Responsible for the finances of the WB base.
- Responsible for the payment of bills, rents and other expenses linked to the MdM-S office in WB and Jerusalem, including the payment of the staff salaries.
- Management of daily, weekly and monthly closure of petty cash by donor.
- Management of cash payments and cash documentation: receipts, invoices and all the documents involved in the justification of the expenditure.
- Fulfill the advances of cash for any activities in the field.
- Request and collect the Bank Statement on a monthly basis.
- To fulfill timely Accountancy as per MdM-S models and procedures.
- To prepare the Bank Conciliation Sheet.
- Validate the order forms according to the purchase procedures of MdM-S.
- Participate in bids opening for supplies, stationary, computers, etc. procured for MdM-Spain or for implementing the projects activities, upon the request of line manager.
- Liaise with the Base Logistic Officer to maintain the tracker for the procurement contracts with amounts due and payments made to date.
- Record Keeping.
- Keep individual staff files for MdM-S WB base national staff.
- Update and archive appropriately all administrative documents related to the WB staff.
- Tabulate the working hours forms of all national staff, follow up compensation of extra hours according to the MdM-S procedures.
- Update on a monthly basis the follow-up of annual leave of the WB staff. Make sure all national staff shall plan their annual leaves according to the MdM-S procedures.
- Advice the Field Manager in whatever modification of the Labor law.
- Support the Field Manager in requesting and follow-up of coordination of permits.
- Attend to administrative forums in WB upon request of the Field Manager.
- Represent MdM-S in meetings with projects partners and financial institutions in administration issues prior request of the Field Manager.
- Represent MdM-S in the relationship with the Palestinian authorities in WB relate (especially with Ministry of Finance and/or Ministry of Interior).
- Coordinate administrative actions related to MdM-S staff with other MdM-S Bases.
- Keep the Field Manager updated and bring feedback from all meetings.
Other Specific Task:
- Translate verbally/written from Arabic to English and vice-versa when necessary.
- To attend team meetings and to give qualitative inputs
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Field Manager/General Coordinator.
- To respect MdM-S ethics and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect all members of the team, both personally and professionally
- To avoid any kind of violent behaviours and aggressiveness at the workplace.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- To maintain confidentiality on all documents and issues.
- Show a positive attitude and motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- Respect and contribute to the achievement of MdM-S schedules.
- To contribute to the cleanness and tidiness of the work place.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct to the Field Manager/General Coordinator.
This job description can be modified with prior notice and agreement between the two parties on demand of the direct supervisor and other tasks might be added to the present list.
The employee shall respect MdM-S regulations and is expected to be available anytime in order to respond to an emergency situation and be flexible beyond normal working hours if requested.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic / Professional background:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or a relevant field, and a strong knowledge of financial principles.
- At least 2 years of experience in finance field, INGOs experience is an asset.
- Organized and details-oriented.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Coordination ability to perform his/her duties as part of a team.
- Flexibility and Ability to cope with difficult security context.
- Task independency but also open to receive feedback and technical support.
- Ability to identify strengths/weaknesses, proposing solutions.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
- Resilient, empathetic and with affective responsibility.
Fluent speaking and writing English, native Arabic.
Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts will apply.
The compensation package total is from 73,500 ILS to 84,144 ILS gross / year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, MdM Spain covers a transportation allowance for the staff.
Candidates interested in the position must send their resume or CV with 2 references in English to [email protected] before 15/07/2023.
Please indicate in the email subject the job title: Admin and Finance Officer
Applications that fail to abide by the Submission guidelines will not be considered.
Incorporation date: As soon as possible.
Due to urgent need of this position, the selection shall be made on a rolling basis, thus we encourage early applications, and fulfilment of this position might be established before the deadline.