Admin (Finance) Officer
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission with a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
Gaza Strip Office – Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Gaza Strip Office has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. Gaza Strip Office- Palestine Mission also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Admin (Finance) Officer is under Finance Manager, s/he will work in close cooperation with SIF teams as following:-
- Participate in ensuring all accounting records and supporting documentations for all financial transactions are maintained in systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organization;
- Conduct regular audits of projects and partners;
- Ensure financial compliance through audit check of finance reports from partner and provide written feedback to relevant Program Manager;
- Work closely with accountants, program staff and funding on donor reporting, responsible for accuracy of partners financial reports as a part of consolidated report;
- Communicate frequently with program and line manager to ensure that all those who need to share information are well informed;
- Coordinate with Program Managers’ the compliance on budget monitoring balances and closure of grants;
- Participate in providing SIF with complete, accurate and timely financial reports as required for all implemented projects in the office in the required formats;
- Oversee daily accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivable, and payables;
- Assist in maintaining effective control over cash and bank (ensure that cash in hand and bank reconcile with accounting records) ;
- Contribute to provide quarterly and where required monthly financial reports to Finance Manager with supporting documentations;
- Assist and support the Finance Manager in ensuring that field expenditures meets SIF and remain within the approved plans and budgets;
- Assist and support the Finance Manager in the preparation of budgets for projects proposals and annual office budgets;
- Participate in tracking of all procurement processes up to delivery, acceptance and payment, and follow up with requesting divisions on their procurement requisitions, ensuring that all requirements are met;
- Maintain updated inventories of SIF Gaza Strip office items and assets;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Finance or relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience working in a similar position with at least 3 years in international organizations;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Solid experience to work with windows-based computer software, and modern accounting systems;
- Effective under pressure, results oriented and proactive with the ability to multi-task;
- Good interpersonal communication, negotiating and analytical skills;
- Ability to build and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Finance Officer : (Ref #: 2019/08/FO)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV,
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 21st November 2019 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer