Organization Médicos Del Mondo – Spain (MdM-S)
Department Finance, Admin
Job title Admin Coordinator
Location oPt Country level
General objective of the position:
The Admin Coordinator ensures that the finance and administration procedures and processes are followed and running effectively and efficiently to enable programme staff and other stakeholders to meet MDM-S’s deadlines and objectives. The AdminCo ensures transparent and reliable processes, generates management information for the stakeholders, guarantee effective and transparent procedures, fulfill the objectives of the mission and the respect of MdM and donors’ guidelines.
Position in the organisation:
The AdminCo reports directly to the General Coordinator and is part of the Mission Management Team.
Direct Supervisor for: Driver Jerusalem.
Functional Supervision: Admin officers.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Administrative Management & Compliance:
- Ensures administrative management policy and guidelines are developed and adhered to in all the country offices.
- Enhances the planning & control cycle within the operation in line with HQ guidelines.
- Responsible of issuing and writing official letters in the name of MDM-S in all country offices.
- Ensure and manage the process of the annual renewal and follow up of MdM-S signatories from local authorities, in addition to all communications and legislations with local authorities.
- Ensure with HQ the final reporting and closure of projects administratively and financially.
- Ensures compliance of program operations with donor regulations and internal policies and controls including its sub-grantees/partners.
- Stays informed of and ensured adherence to MDM-S and donor procedures and policies in relation to administrative, finance, HR, procurement, and grant management.
- Liaises with relevant donors’ focal points as needed.
- Prepares MoI and MoF annual reports.
- Responsible for the elaboration of the annual structure budget forecast and analysis.
- Ensures, advises, and supports the General Coordinator in maintaining efficient financial control (of cash flows, payments, advances on cash, fund requests, monthly financial needs of the country offices etc.) accountability standards, procedures, and records.
- Ensures financial management policy and guidelines are developed and adhered to in all country offices.
- Preparation of budgets, financial management and financial management information for General Coordinator and HQ.
- Manages yearly in-country audits, Donor Audits, internal audits, and government Audits. Is responsible for end of the year closing and audit.
- Ensures accurate, timely and correct bookkeeping.
- Ensure the correct and accurate weekly and monthly closure of petty cash and approve the final monthly conciliation for all country offices along with the General Coordinator.
- Responsible for revising, advising, and approving all financial payments for country offices.
- Ensures regular update of budget forecasts and alerts the HQ and General Coordinator on underspending/overspending or other deviations.
- Involved in proposal budget development and supports in the preparation of financial reports as per guidelines.
- Manages the mission money transfers, bank accounts and bank relations.
- Identifies potential financial risks and proactively proposes solutions to the General Coordinator and HQ.
- Conducts financial partner assessments and reviews and supports in building skills and capacity of partners in finance/logistics/security and safety/admin processes as needed
- Sets, supervises, and maintains an accurate filling system of financial and donors’ compliance documents and other documentation as relevant for finance, in hard and soft copies.
- Budgetary monitoring
- Prepares annual and donor budgets in coordination with the team.
- Monitors overall budget consumption with respect to donors’ constraints creates and updates regularly allocation board.
- Communicates with the financial controller at HQ and the coordinators about the budget follow up
- Identification and analysis of any discrepancy.
- Prepares financial reports to donors
Human Resources Management
- Ensures implementation of employee Terms and Conditions.
- Ensures that HR policies and practices are in line with the internal and local legislations.
- Ensures basic HR management and administration systems and tools in place including payroll, staff files, leave days, timesheets, new staff induction and staff exit or clearance process.
- Oversees recruitment process of staff as per MDM-S HR guidelines.
- Liaises with health Insurance management.
- Manages MDM-S staff income tax, social security, severance pay and etc.
- Approve and manage staff compensation of extra hours according to the MdM-S procedures.
- Approve and advise the annual leave, sick leave and any other leave request.
- Advise and update the General Coordinator and HQ on the evolution of labor law.
- Ensure and manage the process of permits’ coordination and administrative situations for the MdM-S staff in the whole mission.
- Participate and responsible for resolving eventual internal conflicts by providing information on staff internal regulations, legal and administrative rules.
- Ensure the respect of segregation of duties among positions.
- Responsible for the moderation of team meetings on administrative, financial and operational issues and aspects.
- Ensure good internal communications and the effective circulation of information among all the mission’s team members.
Representation, Delegation and Coordination:
- Act as MdM-S delegate in all the related forums in all the country.
- Act as MdM-S delegate and focal point in all needed work, communication and meetings with banks, donors, insurance companies, telecommunication companies, audit company and different stakeholders and partners.
- Act as MdM-S delegate in the relationship with all local authorities related to projects’ agreements in the related issues for all MDM-S country offices.
Logistics, Procurement, and office ICT:
- Ensures logistics and procurement policies and guidelines are adhered to.
- Oversees enhancement of systems and guidelines on procurement procedures, equipment, vehicle use and maintenance, fuel tracking etc.
- Ensures updates of operations manuals as needed.
- Oversees tendering processes as per MDM-S procurement guidelines, preferred supplier’s process, and agreements management.
- Reviews and approves purchase requests against approved activities and budget limits for all the country offices.
- Reviews and approves contracts for suppliers including car rent contracts, all mission offices and guest houses rents etc.
- Ensures quality management and maintenance of IT and communications processes, services, and equipment.
- Ensure and approve the entire mission’s offices consumption of running cost (electricity, water, telephone, mobiles, internet, car fuel etc.).
- Responsible for the liaison and coordination of mission staff permits with respective authorities and offices (CLA, GOGAT, DCO, DCL, ACU, UNDSS and AIDA).
- Facilitate information on security to the Mission.
Academic: University degree or diploma.
Languages: Fluent spoken and written English, native Arabic.
Knowledge of Agresso or/and SAGA software: strong asset
Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance rules
The successful candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience in positions with similar responsibilities (2 years minimum as Finance, HR, Administration Coordinator).
High organizational capacity and for adaptation to post-emergency situations.
Proven capacity for team leadership and management.
Teamwork and networking capacity.
Thoroughness and self-sufficiency at work.
Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
Identification with the lines of work, values, and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts in range of 8.300,00 ILS and 9.501,84 ILS per month, depending on experience.
Applicants should send their CV, two references, and cover letter to:
Admin Coordinator - Opt.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities for all people. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional diversity or social and / or cultural exclusion, belong to under-represented groups in the positions offered.
As a result, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected because of a functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded for reasons of birth, ethnicity, race, sex, gender or any other personal, social, or cultural condition.