Job Title: Admin. Assistant
Location: Hebron (Frequent travel to Ramallah or other parts of the West Bank could be requested)
Contract Duration: 18 months with possibility of extension up to 24 months
Starting Date: ASAP
The Palestine Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of “Participation and Engagement Officer”.
The Palestinian Information Technologies Association (PITA) in partnership with the Fundación Alianza por los Derechos, la Igualdad y la Solidaridad Internacional (ApS) will implement a project titled “Women and Youth Transforming Local Public Services in Hebron”, under the thematic programme “Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) as Actors of Governance and Development Work in the Field”, funded by the European Commission.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the role of invulnerable groups as actors for change in local development processes for a more equal, open, and democratic society in Palestine. The specific objective of the project is to build the capacity of a range of CBOs and CSOs in Hebron for them to contribute meaningfully and to be more accessible and responsive to women and youth needs and interests in public services. Through the effort to build the capacity of a range of CBOs led by women and youth, they can bring their work to a wider audience, increasing the political and social scope and impact of their work at the local level and building relationships between local public institutions and CSOs. This increases mutual understanding and trust, fosters active CSO participation in governance processes, monitors policies and services, and increases public access to official information and channels their views.
Background on PITA
Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies – PITA is the voice of the ICT sector in Palestine. It has more than 150 member companies working in different ICT sectors such as software and outsourcing sector, hardware sector, training and consultancy sector, Internet and telecommunications sectors.
PITA is the reference and representative association of private ICT sector. PITA was founded in 1999 by a group of Palestinian entrepreneurs as a non-profit organization to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector. A new generation of forward-thinking entrepreneurs with a heritage that takes them back thousands of years in history is bringing together profound change to the technology and startup landscape. Having the vision towards “A nation nurturing innovation and contributing to world knowledge” and the mission “To lead the ICT sector towards an innovation-based economy”.
Background on Alianza por la Solidaridad
Alianza por la Solidaridad (ApS) is a Spanish NGO existing since more than 30 years and present in the Middle East since 1993. Since 2009 it has developed a process of sectorial and geographical targeting for its interventions, which meant the prioritization of women’s rights and gender equality. Alianza por la Solidaridad (ApS) in the Middle East works within three main lines of action:
Prevention and response for Gender Based Violence, individual and community approach.
Women´s economic empowerment.
Women´s participation and active citizenship.
ApS maintains stable local partners with whom it works in a sustained manner and deepening not the relations and regular contacts through the office in the field, but a fluid communication and analysis of the changes caused by the protracted conflict-related crisis and humanitarian situation in Palestine. Engaging men is a key piece to achieve meaningful results in gender equality, therefore, since 2017 there is a progressive work on implementing a new masculinities approach with community members and with CBOs, partners and other key actors. Alianza works closely with its partners and support their work in a manner that represent Alianza and the partners values. ApS has extensive experience and expertise on women´s rights and there is a high degree of knowledge about the environment and only relation with the population, civil society organizations, other humanitarian actors and local public entities. Alianza por la Solidaridad is member of Action Aid since Jun 2018.
Action Aid and Alianza share the idea that when people become aware that their future is in their hands and when they organize to challenge power structures and contribute to the betterment and changing of institutions, changes can succeed. These changes should take place on a global scale in order to generate maximum impact, and they should be rooted in the political values of solidarity and internationalism. In addition, for Action Aid and Alianza, Social justice, gender equality, and climate justice succeed through individual and collective actions that actively change inequitable and unjust power relationships, either hidden, visible, or invisible, from the home to local, national, and international spaces. The empowerment of people that live in poverty and marginalization, and of women and youth is a crucial part of creating these changes. Collective efforts and fights are stronger when they are bound together through solidarity, campaigns, and common causes between communities, organizations, and social movements and other allies to influence local and global institutions and public policy.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding
PITA and ApS are committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work. PITA and ApS expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The Admin. Assistant is responsible for supporting that accounting processes and systems of the project are running effectively and efficiently and supporting compliance with external donor financial and administrative requirements. The Admin. Assistant will support all financial issues related to the project in coordination with the project consortium.
The Admin. Assistant will work in cooperation with the Project Field Coordinator and the Gender Expert and will report to the Finance Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
Ensure all administrative activities of the project:
- Responsibility of maintenance services of the internet connections, network, computers, and other IT equipment dedicated to EU project.
- Coordinating and facilitating the purchase process of goods and services needed.
- Conducting an inventory of physical assets and control them.
- Ensuring HR files are up to date.
- Ensuring the update of administrative and finance filing and contact list.
- Responsibility of acquisition of equipment’s and office stationery and supplies
- Preparing and coordinating shipments.
- Archiving reports back up documents in the office according to established model.
- Coordinating and arranging events, trips and workshops with PITA and ApS team and the partners
- Translating documents, formal letters, MOUs and formal agreements from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Scanning and sending scanned copies to requesters, mainly scanned copies for the coordination office, finance contracts and daily administration work.
- Filing all documents/scanned copies as needed and keeps filing system maintained.
- Follow up the health insurance correspondences (reimbursements, additions, cancellation.)
- Writing checks, and hand it to suppliers/vendors, consultants, contractors in the office.
- Responsible for stamping the payments as Paid.
- Preparing consultancy/ training contracts using the standard templates.
- Supporting programme staff with organizational aspects of project events (roundtables, dialogues, trainings, etc.)
- Writing minutes of meetings in respect to what the project workflow requires.
- Gathering monthly timesheets and ensuring that the project’s sources of verification are filed and maintained.
Support all financial activities of the project:
- Supporting every financial activity of all the intervention.
- Preparing and reviewing all supporting document related to any payment according to the pita manuals and the EU Procedures and follow up all needed supporting with the suppliers/Vendors.
- Coordinating with local partners’ finance department to receive/audit/verify all expenses on monthly basis and complete the missing documents.
- Responsible for sub-grant documents include final agreements, modifications, all related attachments, and important communications.
- Supporting partners in preparing financial reports as needed.
- Maintaining the Petty cash related to the Project or any other advances payments, transportations of the projects during the workshops.
- Participating in capacity building and needs assessment for partners.
- Participating in conducting financial and logistic procurement trainings and follow up training for partners and PITA & APS staff.
- Preparing the needed records for daily financial transaction when required.
- Supporting in following up with CBOs to ensure proper money transfer and use.
- Supporting in making requests for transfers and payment orders internationally and locally.
- Supporting in budget reporting to the EU.
- Supporting in financial monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the project:
- Supporting in the financial reports and financial statements for all the project activities.
- Supporting in financial and administrative documentation of support.
- Supporting in financial information on activities in a transparent and concise manner.
- Monitoring payroll payments and other associated expense payments.
- Supporting members of the project and implementing partners to ensure the harmonization of the financial reporting and administrative procedures, as well as ensuring transparency and legality.
- Supporting internal and external audit processes and reports of activities.
- Supporting in conduct data input on the Management Information Systems (MIS) system and ensure that all Project data inputted are up-to-date.
- Performing any other relevant duties as assigned by APS and or PITA.
Contract and working conditions
APS will provide a Labor Contract under the category admin assistant within salary scale of ApS. Place of work is ActionAid Palestine Hebron office but travels to the West Bank can be expected. Costs of trips to West Bank are covered by APS according to the organization standards.
Estimated duration of the contract is 24 months depending on the lifespan of the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience) in administration, economics, accounting, business or any other related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with INGOs in a similar position in the admin. sector and economic follow-up.
- 2-4 years of experience with EU projects is a plus
- Proved experience in administrative activities, acquisition, purchase process and supporting in financial activities.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and rigid timeframes in difficult circumstances.
- Creative, innovative, decision making, communication and other public relations skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with EU regulations and compliance.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills; ability to write clearly and concisely about complex issues.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
المسمى الوظيفي Admin. Assistant
آخر موعد للتقديم 30 - Sep - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Interested applicants must include:
- A resume (in English) and
- a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
- Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] and [email protected] no later than Thursday, 30th of September, 2021 at 11:59 PM local time in Palestine and include the “EU Admin. Assistant Application” in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة PITA اتحاد شركات أنظمة المعلومات الفلسطينية
Gaza Office Manager
رام الله والبيرة, الخليل
Human-Centered Design Expert
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Participation and Engagement Officer
Project Field Coordinator