General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
With the support and under the supervision of the finance & admin specialist , the responsibilities of the admin assistant include processing payments, updating financial records, managing invoices and support reporting and audits. The admin Assistant is also responsible for all the reconciliation of the accountancy coming from the different field bases, Also, the admin assistant will follow up on the daily admin and finance issues and activities.
Admin assistant will follow up donor agreement and partners.
The incumbent commits to observe discretion on any information related to the organization functioning.
The incumbent will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes (Tdh) and Tdh Safeguarding Policy.
Tdh intervenes without any affiliation for politics, religion or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
Tdh expects that its staff and contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Tdh and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
- Post and update of the accountancy according to the project activities on Daily basis.
- Ensure all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled and they are eligible for Tdh accountancy (indicating date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID).
- Ensure that all payments are justified by adequate supporting documents.
- Allocate expenses in the right account code, budget and financial lines.
- Archive all the relevant accountancy documentation in the proper way indicated by the Finance & Admin Specialist and according to Tdh procedures.
- Prepare the needed records for daily financial transaction when required.
- Follow-up on the communication means services (telephone, fax internet, etc.).
- Follow- up on the office utility bills (Electricity, water, telephone and internet).
- Follow- up Human Resource Administrative system and documents to ensure compliance with Tdh policies and donor requirement.
- Compile and update employees’ records (hard and soft copies)
- Scan all financial and HR related documents to be included in the monthly scanning.
Partners & Budget Report:
- Support in reviewing the partners financial reports and supporting documents and provide feedback as necessary.
- Support partners in preparing financial reports as needed.
- Participate in Donor and Internal Financial reports.
- Support the projects and the annual audit process
- Participate in capacity building and needs assessment for partners.
- Participate in conducting financial and logistic procurement trainings and follow up training for partners and Tdh staff.
SAFEGURADING POLICIES – SAFETY – SECURITY:
- Commits to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) in her/his area, including participation in annual audit, and reviews and updates of action plan.
- Commits to inform the Country Representative and/or the National Safeguarding Focal Point and/or the Head of MENA Region and to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the CSP.
- Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Palestine
- Knows and implements all institutional policies and internal regulations of Terre des hommes.
- Any other duty as required by the supervisor and Country Representative.
- S/he will have direct access to information, such as the general strategy of Tdh in Palestine, including programming objectives in the field, financial details, salary scale and security guidelines.
- A professional sense of security, confidentiality, and proper representation is paramount.
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job
* Reference document : Tdh Competency Framework
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
In particular: (select the ones that are most relevant to the job - 5 maximum )
- Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines and is punctual
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
- Shows determination and proactivity
- Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way
- Knows and respects the rules and processes of the different domains concerning one’s activities
As well as the following specific “professional” competencies:
*Reference Document: Professional competencies framework
- Knowledge of government procedures,Palestinian Taxes and social security procedures .
- Good and Clear Experience in General Accounting.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and a good team player.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements for the position
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, finance or advance diploma in Accounting from recognized college Institution.
- A Minimum of 1-2 -years’ experience of admin and finance or accounting experience in INGO.
- Good and clear communication and writing skills in English.
- Excellent Computer literate (proficiency in MS word, excel and Windows)
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Familiar in working on Accounting Systems Software.
- Valid driving license
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter and should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
Deadline for applications is August 21, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.