MPDL – Movement for Peace is a Spanish organization based in Palestine since 1993 where it works, alongside its partners and the communities, to contribute to guaranteeing the protection of human rights from a gender and inclusion approach.
MPDL – Movement for Peace is seeking to contract an Admin and Financial Officer based in Bethlehem.
Under the direct supervision and in coordination with the MPDL Head of Mission, the Administrative and Financial Officer tasks, conditions and minimum requirements include:
Technical job responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, year-end and project-end financial reports.
- In collaboration with the HoM prepare the annual budget based on the needs of MPDL’s Mission in Palestine.
- Provide inputs for financial reports to the donors.
- Carry out regular field visits and meetings as necessary to implement the above-mentioned duties.
- Facilitate capacity-building for the local partners by training their staff in the procedures required by MPDL and its donors for the adequate financial justification of projects.
- Obtain project-related technical documents (such as sources of verification) from partners in a timely manner to ensure all deadlines are met properly.
- Revise, organize, photocopy, scan and stamp project documentation as required and maintain an organized archiving system (physical and electronic) for the projects according to MPDL’s internal rules and procedures.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the general archiving systems in an efficient and highly organized manner.
- Participate in the updating of the office inventory as necessary.
- Support the MPDL Head of Mission in the organization of meetings, capacity-building sessions or similar events.
- Support colleagues when necessary for their training and improve their knowledge about internal procedures, thus contributing to the better functioning of the office.
- Carry out and support colleagues in other technical and administrative tasks.
- Assist in drafting the terms of reference and logistical arrangements for procurement procedures, workshops, outreach activities planning, needs assessments, etc.
- Assist in drafting documents for donor support for the project.
Specific duties and responsibilities (not exhaustive):
Collect regular information from ongoing projects:
- Regularly collect relevant documents related to the partners’ expenses (invoices, per diems, bank statements, exchange rates, contracts, etc.), ensuring that the financial justification meets the requirements of each respective donor.
- Ensure the tracking of expenses by linking them to their exact project, budget line and activity, flagging any over-spending and/or under-spending.
- Revise and provide feedback to the monthly economic reports from the partners according to MPDL procedures, making sure they meet MPDL requirements.
- Check and request bank statements monthly, and once every transfer has been received send them back to Madrid with each IEM (Informe Económico Mensual).
Collect regular information from MPDL:
- Support the preparation of internal budgets, as well as planning the calendar of transfers.
- Support tenders and negotiations with local service providers and follow up on purchases.
- Regularly collect relevant documents related to MPDL’s expenses (invoices, per diems, exchange rates, contracts, etc.), ensuring that the financial justification meets the requirements by each respective donor.
- Ensure the tracking of expenses by linking them to their exact budget line and activity, informing the Head of Mission of any over-spending and/or under-spending.
- Regularly update the IEM (Informe Económico Mensual), MPDL’s monthly economic report, and submit it to the Head of Mission by the first day of each month. Follow up on the feedback received and ensure it meets MPDL requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of balances, including cashboxes and bank reconciliation.
Archive economic documentation:
- File all invoices and any other relevant documents (transfers, bank statements, exchange rates receipts, contracts, offers and tenders...) from MPDL and its partners according to MPDL archiving instructions.
- Photocopy all financial documentation and organize it by project according to MPDL internal procedures. Organize and follow up on the process of certification of photocopies as needed: order chronologically by budget line, review, numerate, stamp, photocopy, scan and legalize.
Support staff management:
- Ensure timely payroll accounting.
- Support the recruitment process of internal staff whenever required.
- Follow up on the material and maintenance needs of the office, as well as all logistical needs for the proper functioning of the mission.
- Proceed with the purchase of materials necessary for the operation of the mission, informing the Head of Mission.
- Follow up and payment for the Mission's supplies.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure timely response to audit requests and effective follow-up to audit observations and recommendations.
- Respond and follow up on any administrative and/or financial requirements from the donors, ministries or partners.
Perform any other duties as requested by the Head of Mission.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
Duration of service: 12 months (with the possibility of extension based on performance evaluation and available funds).
Starting date: ASAP.
Type of contract: full-time (37,5 hours) from MPDL’s office in Ramallah, project-related field visits across WB are required (particularly, but not only, to Bethlehem, and Hebron).
Full-time office hours: 8:30 to 16:30 from Sunday to Wednesday, and from 8:30 to 14:00 on Thursday.
Gross Salary: 1.611€ per month (including income tax)
Paid Annual Leaves: 18 annual days.
- Health Insurance is covered by MPDL.
- 14 public holidays (to be set at the start of the calendar year by the Head of Mission for the entire Mission).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Education: University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, or a related field.
- Job experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably working in non-profit organizations.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English (both spoken and written).
- Driving license.
- Previous experience with Spanish Donors
- Knowledge of Spanish (B2).
Private Car (mileage will be covered by MPDL).
All applications must be sent to [email protected] and [email protected] and must include (all documents in English):
- Subject Line: ADMIN PAL 2023
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Letter of Motivation in English
The deadline for the submission of applications ends on the 30th of March 2023 at 23:59.