Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The project aims at strengthening the resilience of the vulnerable and conflict-affected population in the Gaza Strip. Inter alia, the project will strive to achieve its objectives and results through supporting infrastructure measures in the fields of renewable energy and environment. In doing so, the project will work with a number of competent public, and national and international no-governmental organizations.
In order to achieve our mission, we are looking for a full-time position based in Ramallah
“Admin and Finance Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Assist in budgeting and cash budgets planning and follow up/monitoring i.e. executive-level of financial management
- Assures smooth functioning of financial administration, such as cash withdrawal, preparing and verifying vouchers in line with GIZ standard procedures
- Performs administrative and office support activities
- keeps inventory according to GIZ Rules and Regulations using the related GIZ software system
- Handles procurement of goods up to certain limit in accordance with GIZ guidelines
- Handles procurement of services (contracts) up to certain limit in accordance with GIZ guidelines
- Follows up on the project’s contracts- and procurement requests for payments, by assuring an effective communication with the GIZ country office administration
- Supports in preparing financial reconciliations, fund requests, financial agreements and local subsidies/ financial grants
- Monitors vehicle logbook and fuel consumption; follows up scheduled maintenance
- Handles travel management in the project according to GIZ rules and regulations
- Files electronically and in paper documents as per GIZ rules and regulations
- Supports the coordination and communication with the relevant stakeholders
- Supports short term consultants during their assignments and facilitate their work
- Assists in translating documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Contributes to presentations of background papers, PR materials, etc.
- Supports knowledge management and sharing with other GIZ projects and/or other relevant parties
- Regularly follows up on changes in GIZ Orientation and Regulations
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance; qualification in Financial Management is a plus
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience in preparation of purchase orders and service contracts and invoice follow up
- Experience in administration work in similar field or development organizations
- Experience in event management
- Experience of and ability to work efficiently in remote team collaboration across regions
- Experience with NGOs/community based organizations is desired
- Excellent command of MS Office and social media platforms
- Full proficiency in Arabic and English, knowledge of German is an advantage
- Ability to attentively and carefully follow rules and procedures in administration and documentation
- Ability to multi-task and handle several tasks simultaneously
- Flexible to travel to GAZA for work missions when required.
- Creative individual with innovative ideas for new interventions and/or approaches
Assignment: Starting immediately.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
Kindly state in the email subject “AO – Gaza Project”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.