Job Location: Gaza City - Gaza Strip
Deadline: 12th of September, 2022
Gaza Strip. The position will be based in Gaza City, with possibility to travel to WB as per the need.
- - Contribute to the preparation of projects and annual budgets.
- Follow day-to-day financial accounting transactions and assist to effective and efficient functioning of the Finance department.
- Provide administrative and financial support to the line manager, including but not limited to; preparing payments, follow up on expenditures and filing and keep her/him informed regarding budget expenditures and delivery status.
- Recording, codification and filing of all invoices and receipts of expenditures daily according to the MdM-S financial procedures.
- Encode financial transactions in SAPP monthly and prepare bank conciliations on monthly basis.
- Arrange and archive financial documents regularly, ensure proper filing and make sure that they are in good order.
- Review expense claims and ensure that the line mangers approval was obtained before issuing payments
- Management of daily, weekly and monthly closure of petty cash by donor.
- Management of cash payments and cash documentation: receipts, invoices and all the documents involved in the justification of the expenditure.
- Fulfill the advances of cash for any activities in the field.
- Support in preparing the monthly salary database and support with monthly income tax preparation and payment.
Carry out various administrative tasks (filing, archiving, follow-up of documents…) in order to guarantee efficient support to the department/supervisor/co-workers/project.
Support the full compliance of administrative activities with MDM rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
Participate in bids opening for supplies, stationary, computers, etc. procured for MdM-Spain or for implementing the projects activities, upon the request of line manager.
Liaise with the Base Logistic Officer to maintain the tracker for the procurement contracts with amounts due and payments made to date.
Perform additional duties on request of the, admin and finance manager, field manager or General Coordinator.
Translate verbally and written from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic when necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic / Professional background:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or a relevant field, and a strong knowledge of financial principles.
- At least 3 years of experience in finance field, INGOs experience is an asset.
- Organized and details-oriented.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Coordination ability to perform his/her duties as part of a team.
- Flexibility and Ability to cope with difficult security context.
- Task independency but also open to receive feedback and technical support.
- Ability to identify strengths/weaknesses, proposing solutions.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
- Resilient, empathetic and with affective responsibility.
Fluent speaking and writing English, native Arabic.
Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV with 2 references in English to [email protected] By September,12, 2022.
Please indicate in the email subject the job title: Admin & Finance Assistant – Gaza.
Applications that fail to abide by the Submission guidelines will not be considered.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
“Medicos del Mundo stands for equal opportunities for everyone. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional or social diversity and/or cultural exclusion, belong to groups that are underrepresented in the positions we offer. Therefore, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected for functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded due to birth, ethnicity, sex, gender or any other personal, social, or cultural condition”.