Activity Coordinator/Trainer, Jerusalem, Local Position.
Position type and closing date:
The position is full time and hired locally.
Location: Jerusalem, with possibility to travel
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator
Closing date for applications: 26th of February 2023
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The LWF World Service Jerusalem program will implement a 1.5 years agricultural technical and vocational education project funded by the Spanish Cooperation in Jerusalem, implemented in partnership with the Fundación Promoción Social and the Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committee (PARC) in Jerusalem. The project is linked with LWF’s Vocational Training Program (VTP), established in 1948, with training centers in Beit Hanina and Ramallah. The project aims at training youth in East Jerusalem on agricultural technical vocational skills.
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
To be the focal person for partners, staff, and communities, in coordination, organizing and planning all project activities in both the Mount of Olives, Jerusalem, and in Beit Hanina, ensure awareness of communities about activities taking place and mobilize youth, especially females to take part in activities.
- Plan and design a variety of technical activities and trainings that meet the needs of the project.
- Liaise with partners and other staff members to ensure their roles in activities are clear.
- Participate in developing and maintaining the demonstration and learning station and its surroundings for ATVET.
- Provide technical expertise for procurement of needed modern agricultural systems.
- Organize schools camps, career days, awareness sessions for youth, to ensure participation and awareness in the community.
- Design a set of criteria for beneficiary selection.
- Establish a data-base of the beneficiaries.
- Work with the PMER officer to develop a monitoring system for the project, capturing progress towards project indicators.
- Conduct regular visits to the projects’ targeted communities and meet with project beneficiaries.
- Proactively initiate technical improvements related to project implementation.
- Follow up on the implementation of the project and provide colleagues and partner organizations with up-to-date overviews of progress on project implementation.
- Review the pre-identified / developed plans of the project on a regular basis and amend / adapt changes when required.
- Maintain a good line of communications with the local communities, partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports as needed.
- Keep track of project progress and report any delays or changes to the line manager.
- Assist the project staff to prepare success stories and/or brief reports to share with donors and other interested leading actors.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Knowledge and experience in sustainable/modern agriculture relevant to the Palestine context.
- Bachelor degree in agriculture, or any other relevant field; environment protection, and/or landscaping.
- Good knowledge of program and project management cycle and demonstrated ability to support the project, its partners, and its staff to achieve high quality activities.
- Able to take initiative, coordinate, communicate, work collaboratively with other departments within the organization and with partners.
- Effective diplomacy, critical, analytical, facilitative and communicative, representational and reporting skills.
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate creativity in planning, problem solving, ability to make fast, logical decisions.
- Ability to and experience in conducting capacity and training programs.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Publisher, MS Word and Excel)
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and approach to help colleagues.
- A pedagogical approach and willingness to learn and adopt new things.
- Attention to detail and a curious attitude.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure.
Ability to interact effectively with partners, colleagues, and ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful information. Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and process information in support of changing requirements. An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance.
The Activity Coordinator/Trainer is not expected cover for other positions
Short listed applicants shall be subjected to a pre-employment written assignment. Those who pass the assignment shall be qualified to the interviews. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly upload and fill the information needed to your application to the link.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below