2. GRIT Project Summary:
Gender-Responsive and Inclusive Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in the West Bank (“GRIT”) is a five-year project (2019-2024) funded by the Canadian Government and implemented by the Lutheran World Federation Jerusalem Program (LWF Jerusalem) in partnership with Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR).
The ultimate objective of the GRIT project is to achieve improved and equitable learning and employment outcomes for women and girls, including women with disabilities (WWD), in the West Bank. This objective will be achieved by improving access for women to training opportunities, strengthening the functional and technical skills of trainees, and bolstering the the gender-responsiveness and inclusiveness of the broader Palestinian TVET system.
The Project will be implemented through LWF’s Vocational Training Program in the Beit Hanina (LWF-VTC) and in Ramallah (LWF-VTCR) and through a number of local TVET institutes throughout the West Bank in order to provide wide geographic coverage. The Project will directly benefit a total of 17,250 women and girls.
3. Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
To be the focal person for coordinating, organizing and executing logistical arrangements relating to project activities (including scheduling events and activities, ensuring that workshops and other venues are available, coordinating events) and mobilizing and supporting community and stakeholder participation in activities
4. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan a variety of technical and outreach activities that meet the needs of the project in a timely manner and according to the donor’s rules and regulations
- Coordinates closely with GRIT project staff in implementing project activities
- Works collaboratively with the procurement team to ensure all necessary resources are in place
- Responsible for logistical coordination with TVET institutes and other stakeholders
- Liaise with other staff members to ensure their roles in activities are clear.
- Promote events in various ways to ensure participation and awareness in the community
- Supervise volunteers assisting at events, keep records of volunteer service for recognition
- Liaise with key national and international stakeholders, key domestic political and civic actors, civil society organizations, international NGOs, and UN partners
- Support and contribute to data collection processes and the preparation of reporting, particularly for outreach and sensitization aspects of the project.
- Conduct regular field visits to the project locations to follow up on the conducted activities
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
6. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project coordination and/or organization of events
- Good knowledge of program and project management cycle and demonstrated ability to support the project and its staff to achieve high quality activities
- Experience in community mobilization and outreach
- Able to take initiative, coordinate, communicate, work collaboratively with other departments within the organization
- Effective diplomacy, critical, analytical, facilitative and communicative, representational and reporting skills
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate creativity in planning, problem solving, ability to make fast, logical decisions.
- Prior experience in an international organization or private sector.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Readiness to conduct field visits and attend workshops and meetings related to the project throughout districts of the West Bank
- Familiarity or former experience in working with USAID or Canadian funded projects
- Fluency in English and in Arabic
7. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and approach to help colleagues
- A pedagogic approach and willingness to learn and adopt new things
- Attention to detail and a curious attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure, ability to take initiatives
8. Success Factors:
Ability to interact effectively with colleagues, and ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful information. Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and process information in support of changing requirements. An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application.