The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) is the first Palestinian national, non-profit, independent Union for the civil, charitable and development societies. It was founded in Jerusalem in 1958. It seeks to closely contribute to building an effective Palestinian civil society through advancing the Palestinian civil work in an institutionalized and democratic manner and according to the principles of good governance and accountability in order to contribute to the national development and sustainable development. The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following posts:
- Identify the needs of the member societies of the UCS and develop appropriate plans to meet these needs in cooperation with the Department of Programs.
- Develops program strategy and budget, staffing requirements, and ensures program or project meets objectives.
- Independently designs and manages multiple and/or highly complex projects.
- Follow-up procedures for registration of associations that meet the conditions of membership in the UCS.
- Facilitate the accreditation process for associations seeking and maintaining accreditation.
- Review and audit information submitted, including deficiency reports, root cause analysis, and corrective action, ultimately making a recommendation to accredit or not to accredit based on information collected throughout the accreditation process.
- Updating the database of member associations.
- Follow up and attend the elections of administrative bodies in the member societies of the UCS.
- Follow up the archiving of all documents and reports related to the member societies in cooperation with the Information Management unite.
- Expand and maintain UCS’s network and relationships with government agencies, good governance organizations, CSOs and organizations working on public policy, government accountability and public institution building.
- Map the good governance landscape in Palestine and develop strategies to support better policy making and decreased corruption.
- To conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters of UCS.
- Evaluate organizations applying for grants by investigating their governance, leadership, financial health, impact, and reputation;
- Evaluate narrative and financial reports of grantees to ensure administrative and legal compliance;
- To provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents.
- To be actively involved in preparing and drafting of different acts and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions as well.
- Prepare analytical and critical papers for policies and applicable laws.
- Coordinate with legal institutions existing Jerusalem in the local community.
- Provide legal assistance and advice as required by CSOs.
- Review cases for necessary action.
- Keep clear and orderly information in the Referral System Database.
- Maintain contact and communication with other parties involved in the referral mechanism.
- Ensure confidentially of the beneficiaries.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Law.
- A minimum of three years’ experience preferably in a legal advisory role.
- Excellent analytical, researching and drafting skills.
- The ability to analyze complex information and figures.
- Self-starter with initiative and drive and ability to think creatively and identify opportunities.
- Fair and objective decision making ability
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Solid knowledge of Israeli and Palestinian Personal Status Law.
- Solid knowledge of Israeli and Palestinian NGOs Law.
- Fluently in English and Arabic (Spoken and written).
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills.
- Experience of working with NGOs and CBOs
- Strong computer skills.
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “Good Governance Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline for sending job applications will be Saturday in the 25th of August 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.