National Insurance Company (NIC) is the pioneer insurance company in Palestine, established in 1992 as a public shareholding Company to carry out all types of insurance, reinsurance and investing the Company’s capital and its movable and immovable assets.
NIC is currently looking to recruit a highly motivated professional to fill the following position:
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Reporting Line: CFO
Location: Ramallah Office
Position Type: Full-time
- Managing NIC books and transactions.
- Preparing NIC financial statements and reports.
- Maintaining audit spreadsheets by interacting regularly with the finance staff to ensure all reports and statements are up to date and accurate.
- Assist with setting and determining strategic plans and policies for the department.
- Creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial knowledge, and providing advice when needed.
- Liaising with other departments to facilitate the financial work.
- Monitoring bank account balances and transferring funds as needed.
- Ensuring proper allocation of revenue and expenses to appropriate GL accounts, branches, offices, agents, etc…
- Supervising the preparation of journal entries (payroll, bank fees, accruals, depreciation, etc…)
- Resolving accounting discrepancies.
- Supervising the payment of monthly payroll and related taxes, and Reviewing employee expense reports.
- Assisting with the interaction with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Overseeing management of fixed asset files.
- Monitoring NIC investments (Stocks, bonds, real estate, etc…).
- Providing oversight and guidance to Staff Accountants.
- Other duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, finance, and preparation of financial statements and reports.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or comparable degree.
- Having Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate is a must.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong analytical skills, financial planning and analysis background.
- Accurately prepares written accounting correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, and professional.
- Listens to others and works within a team.
- Professional communication with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, and directors.
- Maintains a positive attitude and high standards of performance.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High ability to work under tight deadlines, flexibility and adaptability.
- Creative, innovative, decision maker, problem solver, leader, negotiator and persuasive.
- Lives in Ramallah City.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online by following the link below:
(www.nic-pal.com/career). The closing date for applications is Saturday 24/04/2021.