The Palestine Children's Relief Fund is a nonprofit, nonpolitical, nonreligious humanitarian relief organization, established in 1992 to arrange medical care for sick and injured Palestinian children who could not be treated in their homeland. Since our founding, we have expanded and grown into one of the main relief organizations in the Middle East, helping thousands of children each year get the care and support they need to live better lives.
PCRF is currently recruiting a highly motivated professional to fill the following position:
The Accounting Manager is a leading member of the PCRF Accounting team and will help coordinate the financial activity with the various offices of nonprofit locally and internationally. This is a hands-on position that requires strict staff supervision, diligence, treasury and controllership functions for a global humanitarian organization. The position will report to the Treasurer and a dotted line to the CEO.
Detailed Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead all day-to-day accounting operations which includes responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and budgeting.
- Perform the consolidation of financial results of the various international sites.
- Responsible for financial policies and procedures in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and US GAAP as needed.
- Coordinate activity with the firm handling day to day accounting in the US.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financials.
- Maintain the general ledger, review and approve journal entries.
- Oversee treasury activity for the organization.
- Liaison with tax preparers in Palestine, Jordan and US to file proper tax forms.
- Supervise and manage accounting staff across various offices.
- Financial statement review including detailed variance analysis to budget.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve reconciling items.
- Serve in management advisory capacity to management and the board.
- Preparation and monitoring of the annual operating budgets.
- Prepare and support for external and internal audits and tax filings.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- EDUCATION: Master's Degree in accountancy required. Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years of experience.
- LANGUAGE: Proficient in English.
- Experience overseeing accounting operations in a global organization including consolidations and foreign currency translation adjustments.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Must possess strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary to discuss/articulate the accounting issues, document the accounting issues, and document the recommended accounting treatment and conclusions.
- Individual must have competent presentation skills (experience preparing materials and presenting).
- Advanced knowledge of Accounting Systems, Excel, and/or 3rd Party integration tools.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally, including Lebanon, Jordan, and the U.S.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter highlighting relevant work and a CV/Resume. The cover letters and CVs must be submitted to [email protected]. The email subject line must include the position's title mentioned above. The closing date for applications is 25/03/2020.