Job Title: Accounting and Administrative Coordinator
Contract Duration: 12 months
Starting Date: ASAP
PITA is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of “Accounting and Administrative Coordinator”.
Overview on PITA
Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies – PITA is the voice of the ICT sector in Palestine. It has more than 180-member companies working in different ICT sectors such as the software and outsourcing sector, hardware sector, training and consultancy sector, Internet and telecommunications sectors.
PITA is the reference and representative association of the private ICT sector. PITA was founded in 1999 by a group of Palestinian entrepreneurs as a non-profit organization to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector. A new generation of forward-thinking entrepreneurs with a heritage that takes them back thousands of years in history is bringing together profound change to the technology and startup landscape. Having the vision towards “A nation nurturing innovation and contributing to world knowledge” and the mission “To lead the ICT sector towards an innovation-based economy”.
PITA offers its members a wide range of exclusive services that help leverage members’ investments and facilitate information exchange among them. Through its varied programs, PITA provides a multitude of services that are aimed at promoting and facilitating the exchange of knowledge, information, and deal flow with its members. It also recognizes the need for capacity building where we help companies with technical skills, soft skills training, access to markets, and legal and HR advice. Adding to that; PITA’s committees are comprised of PITA dedicated members that are specialized in certain aspects of the ICT sector and such committees include the Software Committee. All of those committees are devoted to the development of the sector by offering specialized consultancy and following up with different stakeholders in the Palestinian economy. Under this framework; PITA seeks Administrative and Accountant Assistant
The Accounting and Administrative Coordinator is responsible for supporting that accounting processes and systems of PITA are running effectively and efficiently and supporting compliance with external donors’ financial and administrative requirements.
The Accounting and Administrative Coordinator will support all financial issues related to PITA in coordination with the Financial manager and the general manager.
The Administrative and Accountant will work in cooperation with the Projects Coordinators and will report to the Finance Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing all supporting documents related to any payment according to the PITA manuals and Procedures and following up on all needed support with the Suppliers/Vendors, and writing checks,
- Preparing the needed records for daily financial transactions when required.
- Supporting in making requests for transfers and payment orders internationally and locally.
- Supporting in budget reporting to the PITA Donors.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, Assist with payroll and related taxes
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provide regular financial reports as and when they are needed.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budgets.
- Prepare and bookkeeping for all procurement and financial issues in close coordination with all involved including updating of procurement plan as needed and facilitating the purchase process of goods and services required in accordance with PITA.
- Coordinating with local partners’ finance department to receive/Internal and external audit/verify all expenses on monthly basis and complete the missing documents.
- Responsible for sub-grant documents including final agreements, modifications, all related attachments, and important communications.
- Maintaining the Petty cash or any other advances payments, transportations of the projects during the workshops.
- Supporting in following up with CBOs to ensure proper money transfer and use.
- Conducting an inventory of physical assets and controlling them.
- Ensuring HR files are up to date.
- Translating documents, formal letters, MOUs, and formal agreements from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Scanning and sending scanned copies to requesters, mainly scanned copies for the coordination office, finance contracts, and daily administration work.
- Filing all documents/scanned copies as needed and keeping the filing system maintained.
- Follow up on the health insurance correspondences (reimbursements, additions, cancellation.)
- Responsible for stamping the payments as Paid.
- Preparing consultancy/ training contracts using the standard templates.
- Supporting staff with organizational aspects of project events (roundtables, dialogues, training, etc.)
- Gathering monthly timesheets and ensuring that the project’s sources of verification are filed and maintained.
- Assist in preparing and following up on financial documents necessary for payments according to budget.
- Maintain an efficient filing system and manage all records.
- Keeping track of incoming and outgoing correspondences and communications.
- Assist in preparing and organizing traveling procedures, hotel accommodation, and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts, and others advances.
- Provide general administrative and financial services as requested.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- B.A Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any other related field.
- Excellent knowledge of the Bisan ERP system.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and financial arrangements.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
- Understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office applications (e.g., word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Good experience in the non-profit sector, local or international NGO, s, is a plus
- Good previous experience with different donors
- Knowledge about the Palestinian Tax law
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet).
- Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
- Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
- Please submit your application by e-mail following address: [email protected] no later than Tuesday, February 15, 2022, at 16.00 pm.
- Please indicate the Position Title in the email subject line. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.