Accountant, Education Practice
Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Forsah TVET Activity supports technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions to better prepare Palestinian graduates for the labor market and to productively engage in local and regional economies. Under the guidance of the Senior Finance and Operations Manager, the Accountant will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare compliant financial reports by compiling information, preparing financial reports, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures. The ideal candidate will ensure compliance with local law, USG regulations, and IREX policy for the USAID “Forsah TVET” project located in the West Bank and Gaza.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Daily Tasks
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts, bank account reconciliations, journal entries and general ledger operations, monthly financial reports.
- Manage invoices and payment process, ensuring all documentation is accurate and prepared properly and in accordance with the Palestinian law in West Bank and Gaza, IREX and USAID policies and procedure and local laws.
- Follow up on service providers invoices including water, electricity, landlines, cell phones, internet, etc. making sure all invoices are received and paid on time.
- Follow up with vendors for timely collection of checks.
- Follow up with health insurance on the status of their invoices.
- All Forsah TVET staff will cultivate durable partnerships, facilitate locally-led designs, use evidence-based decision-making, and ensure sustainability of approaches in their work.
- Assist the Senior Finance and Accounting Manager with preparation and coordination of annual audit process, and USAID compliance reviews.
- Prepare monthly VAT report, including collecting and copying of all related original tax invoices on timely manner.
- Prepare all VAT exemption letters as appropriate.
- All Forsah TVET staff will implement data collection, data analysis, reporting to USAID and on-going Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) approaches in their work and in coordination with the Sr. MEL Specialist.
- Manage filing of all financial documents for reporting purposes (copy/scan, file hard copies, and save soft copies).
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Review all incoming invoices and ensure timely payment of payables.
- Verify accuracy of all payment requests and ensure proper allocation of expenditures to funding source and expense categories.
- Conduct regular petty cash counts and review the petty cash report and reconciliations on monthly basis.
- Manage and prepare staff payroll and salary slips.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist with preparation of customized financial transaction reports as required.
- All team members are expected to contribute to timely and accurate management of vetting requirements, as assigned.
- All Forsah TVET staff will meet high standards of financial management and compliance, including contributing to accurate and timely vetting under MO21.
- Assist with the monthly project expenditures projections.
- In coordination with the Grants and Procurement Officer, contact vendors to discuss invoices and payments and resolve discrepancies, as required.
- All Forsah TVET staff are expected to apply PYD approaches and Do No (More) Harm approaches and address Gender and Disability Inclusion considerations and Environmental considerations in their work.
- Other duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of finance experience required; experience with US Government funded projects and knowledge of relevant USAID regulations strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of applicable local Palestinian laws and regulations in the West Bank and Gaza.
- Experience with bank reconciliations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Experience with QuickBooks is strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills including time management, ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced working environment, and ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communications skills, both oral and written required.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Strong written and spoken Arabic and English skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to support and assist colleagues.
- Legal resident of West Bank or Jerusalem with authorization to work.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.