Duty station : Ramallah
Reports to : Deputy Finance Manager
Accountable to : Finance Manager
Work in Coordination with : FINANCE OFFICERS, HR AND ADMIN OFFICERS, PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS OFFICERS, ETC.
Contract: FULL TIME
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Being responsible for the registration of expenses in SQUARE; checking the conformity of allocation to the Core Budget, ensuring proper coding and classification of expenses;
- Controlling the daily cash and check management and ensuring that all documentation meet WeWorld requirements (procedures, deadlines, information, signatures ...). Tracking bills/vouchers, invoices and other running costs and analyzing the related information (costs, service contracts ...) in order to give reliable and updated information;
- Controlling cash advances and cashbook movements for each petty cash box, recording all IN and Out transactions, ensuring that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and investigating any discrepancy. Ensuring strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox / currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory and reconciliations);
- Ensuring monthly accounts report in accordance with WeWorld procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made;
- Ensure that the taxes and income tax obligations are met for both local staff and service providers;
- Preparing checks and bank transfers, ensuring accuracy and compliance with internal controls;
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of audits, providing necessary documentation and support;
- Following up and matching of internal transfers and advances in the mission, checking invoices and their allocations, preparing payment order documents to be sent to HQ;
- Being responsible for filing accounting documents and their annexes, preparing documents for audits, organizing the scanning of documents and archiving mission financial documents;
- Assist in implementing financial policies and procedures to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of financial operations;
- Conduct regular analysis of expenses across various office locations, identifying trends, cost variations, and areas for potential cost-saving measures.
- Follow up with the Ministry of Finance regarding the VAT request and Vat exemption for the projects and suppliers;
- Ensure the smooth organization of tax exemption for WeWorld projects and activities requested by Project Managers and Finance Officers;
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager to prepare a comprehensive report on expense analysis, providing insights and recommendations for improving cost-efficiency and financial performance.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- At least 2 years of experience in relevant fields;
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor requirements is an asset;
- Valid Driving license; ability to move throughout all WB;
- Flexibility, organizational and coordination skills.
- Excellent English (oral and written)
Interested candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter, both in English and Position in the email subject, to [email protected] no later than 30th of Nov 2023