Job Vacancy at Caritas Jerusalem: Accountant
Caritas Jerusalem (CJ), a humanitarian and development organization representing the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land, is currently seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Accountant.
Contract Period: 12 months with the possibility of extension(s)
· Record accounting transactions accurately in the accounting system.
· Complete database backups to secure financial information.
· Verify documentation and request disbursements for payment preparation.
· Assist in preparing special financial reports by analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
· Document financial transactions by entering account information.
· Prepare reconciliations for projects.
· Conduct monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
· Analyze financial reports monthly and report on variances.
· Manage petty cash in the main office.
· Assist in documenting and monitoring internal controls.
· Perform other duties as required by the direct supervisor within the scope of your job duties.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· Strong understanding of accounting theory.
· Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic.
· Highly detail-oriented and organized.
· Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal daily direction.
· Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications.
· Ability to collaborate with all levels of employees, management, and external parties to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results.
· Deep commitment to the Catholic church mission.
· Commitment to CJ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
· Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
· Valid Israeli driving license.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are invited to submit their cover letters and CVs through our website.