Chemonics International seeks a Accountant, to work in USAID-funded Building Regional Economic Bridges (BREB) activity.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The accountant is responsible for supporting the finance manager in planning, managing, and implementing all aspects of the projects’ accounting systems and maintaining an accounting database. In addition, they will assist with collecting and recording all information that will facilitate information exchange and dissemination to the Chemonics D.C. office.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Support the maintenance of a proper accounting department, including handling vendors’ and suppliers’ accounts and invoices; preparing checks, receipts, journals, and working/tracking papers as needed; and entering data of approved vouchers into ABACUS- the Chemonics project office accounting system.
- Support the maintenance of accounting records and files, ensuring program administrative financial documents have appropriate supporting material; updating records as necessary; and keeping all financial and sensitive information confidential.
- Support the review of cash balances, preparation of payroll and cash/bank reconciliation; maintenance of ABACUS records; and preparation of monthly project locals according to project guidelines.
- Track sub ledger balances, including receivable accounts for individual staff ensuring that outstanding travel advances are settled before issuing new advances; for vehicle mileage and personal telephone use, prepare invoices on a monthly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Basic qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required
- Minimum of 4 years working experience preferably with NGOs &/or other USAID funded projects
- Excellent computer skills and Microsoft Office applications is required, especially Excel and Word
- This position requires a professional working level in English. The candidate should be able to perform all tasks, prepare reports, and write emails in English.
To apply, please complete the form linked below by July 27, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/