The Business Women Forum (BWF) is a national non-profit organization established in 2006, to promote and empower the role of businesswomen and entrepreneurs as leaders in the Palestinian economy through advocacy, influence to create an enabling environment for women in Palestine. BWF works through a comprehensive methodology through provision of business development packages including capacity building, coaching, consultancy and technical support necessary for their business, enhancing access to markets, financing and knowledge, in addition to networking with local, regional and global institutions and organizations.
Background and General Information about Forsah Program
The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (Forsah TVET) Program is implemented by International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX) in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem, in partnership of with the Business Women Forum-Palestine (BWF), Bethlehem Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI), An-Najah Company for Consultancy and Technical Studies (NajahPal), Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VT), DAI Global, and Development Gateway (DG). Forsah TVET is a five-year program (2023- 2027) made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The goal of Forsah TVET program is to support technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions to better prepare Palestinians graduates for the labor market, and to productively engage in local and regional economies. By enhancing TVET institution’s capacity to respond to the needs of the private sector, creating partnerships between TVET institutions, private sector firms, and youth in specific sectors, and increasing enrollment in TVET program. Forsah TVET will help supply skilled TVET graduates and create an enabling environment for sustainable supply-demand linkages and meaningful youth participation.
BWF seeks to hire a qualified Accountant with experience working with international cooperation to support BWF in implementing the five-year USAID-funded Forsah TVET program.
Accountant: will be reporting directly to the BWF’s Financial Manager as a technical reference in addition to BWF’s Project Manager for Forsah TVET”
Full Time: Job daily from 08:00 AM until 04:00 PM (Friday and Saturday are weekend days off)
Based in Ramallah
Estimated starting time of Work: 3rd week July, 2023
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with BWF, USAID policies and procedures and local laws.
- Assist the Finance Manager with preparation and coordination of annual audit process, and USAID compliance reviews.
- Manage filing of financial and accounting records.
- Manage and prepare staff payroll, salary slips, and income tax sheets.
- Posting daily entries to Bisan Accounting System.
- Monitoring outstanding payables/receivables and preparing monthly control of accounts.
- Preparing all financial reports for project donor, and management.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist the Financial Manager in preparing annual budget.
- Prepare all VAT exemption letters as appropriate.
- Manage petty cash report and prepare reconciliations on a regular basis.
- Assist with preparation of customized financial transaction reports as required.
- Assist in procurement process and procedures.
- Closure of project account and perform all related entries
- Assist in preparing for audit on the BWF financial statements at the end of each fiscal year.
- Managing fixed assets register and produce reports for count purposes.
- Participate in project team meetings as requested.
- Any other tasks requested by the Executive Director or Financial Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Accounting degree, minimum Bachelor level.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar finance position is preferable.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations.
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft office, financial and accounting software mainly BISAN accounting system.
- Good spoken and written English
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, and reliable in keeping confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure within the office, and prioritize routine and ad hoc tasks.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with partners/beneficiaries to ensure compliance with donor policies and procedures.
- A strong commitment to Gender equality and Diversity issues.
- Driving license is a plus.
Interested individuals (males/ females) should submit their CVs to the email address [email protected] titled “Accountant” with a cover letter
Deadline for submitting applications is Monday July 10, 2023. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews and written exams.