Accountant (m/f/x) - Gaza
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges - Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality - and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
The accountant ensures the processing, entering and control of accounting data and documents of the the portfolio's interventions in order to provide qualitative accounting: reliable, timely and exhaustive.
1. Ensure the processing of accounting data and documents in order to provide qualitative accounting:
- Follow up and control the invoices;
- Prepare the accounting documents whilst checking completeness and conformity;
- Enter the data in the accounting system in accordance with Enabel guidelines;
- Follow up the advances and balances of supplier accounts;
- Check technical aspects of accounting;
- Ensure data are matched;
- Update the accounting inventory and ensure reconciliation;
- File the accounting documents in accordance with the procedures of the organisation;
- Prepare the monthly financial statements;
- Follow up fiscal files.
2. Ensure the preparation of treasury operations in order to ensure that suppliers/beneficiaries/etc. are paid correctly and in due time:
- Prepare payments;
- Check the cash call requests.
3. Ensure the preparation of files for control purposes in order to allow a transfer by one’s hierarchical supervisor to the controllers/auditors
- Prepare the files with supporting documents required for control;
- Verify the closing operations of the accounting period;
- Control the correctness of the reports that one disposes of;
- Ensure the completeness and clarity of the files in conformity with Enabel procedures;
4. Control the supporting documents regarding grants in order to allow for an appropriate control of the grants.
- On the basis of a sample received from the RAF or the financial controller perform the check of the supporting documents (invoices, proofs of payment);
- Draw up a summary of the check;
5. Provide financial data in order to allow reliable financial reporting and analysis.
- Enter budget data;
- Provide financial data;
- Prepare financial reports (expenditure, budget monitoring…)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications and experience:
- You hold a Bachelor's in accounting and/or financial management
- At least 5 years of professional experience in similar function
Required skills and knowledge:
- You have good knowledge of ICT applications.
- You have good knowledge of using financial software. Experience with the use of an ERP tool is an asset.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping (accrual accounting).
- Experience in an international environment is an asset.
- You master knowledge of Excel and Word.
- You are fluent in spoken and written Arabic.
We offer you
• An exciting job in an international environment.
• A contract for a term of 60 months starting 1 July 2022, based in Gaza
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 4),and benefits such as 13-month bonus. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognised experience for the function.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Apply here (link) at the latest by 15/05/2022 and include your application letter and updated CV.
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered