Gaza Community Mental Health Programme (GCMHP) is a non-governmental non-profit organization, that provides mental health services, designs and implements training programs for mental health professionals, conducts research studies that serve the community. GCMHP works with and for a wide range of beneficiaries including: children, families and victims of human rights violation. GCMHP is seeking to recruit an “Accountant” within GCMHP’s projects according to the following requirements:
- Managing the projects budgets, controlling allocations, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the projects.
- Preparation of the expenditure plan for the projects in coordination with the project coordinator and under financial supervision of direct supervisor.
- Recording and bookkeeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and other journal entries.
- Reviewing and checking the supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices before entries in the accounting system.
- Issuing checks, prepare payment vouchers, receipt vouchers and get the needed approvals. After ensuring the completeness of the supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices and checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project items.
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial manuals and donor requirements.
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasts and the bank reconciliation.
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the financial transaction and any other financial documents (both soft and hard copies).
- Perform any other financial tasks requested by direct supervisor.
- Other duties and tasks related to the projects.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Bachelor degree in accounting is required and preferable a Master degree in accounting.
- At least three years of experience in accounting with NGOs or INGOs.
- Proficiency of English & Arabic language (reading, writing and speaking).
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic.
- Excellent communication, team work skills in both Arabic and English language.
- Experience in computer skills and the usage of different accounting computerized systems and office Software packages (MS Project, Excel, Access, Word…etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
Duration of the contract: One year renewable
Interested applicants are welcome to obtain the application form at the Administrative Affairs and Human Resources Unit, GCMHP headquarter, complete it and attach a motivation letter, CV, university certificates and a personal photo, ID, and hand them to the following address: GCMHP, Tal El Hawa, No. 8, Western Dahdouh Square, Gaza, Tel: 2641513.
Deadline for submitting applications no later than 1:00pm on Thursday, April 14th 2022.
Only candidates meeting the above qualifications will be considered.
Administrative Affairs and Human Resources Unit-GCMHP