NECC announces the position of an Accountant
to work in the Head Office in Gaza
Job Title: Accountant
Place of work: Head Office – Al Rimal – Gaza
Contract type: Full time – fixed term contract
Contract duration: 12 months, extendable
Near East Council of churches Committee for Refugees Work (NECCCRW)-the Gaza Area Committee is part of the Department of Service to the Palestine Refugees (DSPR). The DSPR is a department of the Middle East Council of Churches. NECCCRW Gaza is an integral part of the Palestinian Society and culture and operates with support from the churches, ecumenical and secular organizations. NECCCRW Gaza Committee was founded in 1952 launching a humanitarian program to assist Palestinians who took refuge in the Gaza Strip following the establishment of Israel in 1948. NECCCRW has focused then on the provision of humanitarian aid and contributing to an overall improvement in living conditions and to poverty alleviation.
Its work has rested on respecting the humanity and dignity of those whom it helps and on adherence to clear transparency and accountability standards. NECC supports the Palestinian people through six key areas: Health (Maternal and Child Primary Health Care), Technical Vocational Education and training (Empowering Youth Economic Status), Educational Loans for university students, Psychosocial Support for children, mothers, and students to cope with the negative impact of Gaza Violence, Emergency Relief projects including cash Relief and Job Creation initiatives, Advocacy policies and activities shared with the community, and community Development program
Manage accountancy by effectively using BISAN software program based on NECC standards, Government Regulation and Donor Policies; carry out financial and accounting tasks in a correct manner to regularly produce reliable and transparent information on a timely manner.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly payroll sheets for staff salaries and maintain records of their income tax and provident fund and insured that staff gets their salaries in time.
- Review the tax invoices, purchase requests and other supporting documents before prepare the payment voucher.
- Prepare checks and transfers for NECC expenses according to NECC financial procedures and sign it by the authorized persons on timely basis.
- Follow up on the registration of disbursement and repayment of educational loans and others, and matching them with the bank records.
- Prepare Payment vouchers for office expenses, invoices, service contract payments, and other accounting documents
- Make sure all accounting vouchers are reviewed and approved before entering data in Bisan software program.
- Ensure that all accounting data are appropriately encoded to BISAN. Oversee and manage daily accounting (BISAN) including timely recording of transactions, with ensuring the correct analytical codes (project codes, Centers code, and other cost centers).
- Follow up the interim account, payables, Receivables and donor's budgets on daily basis.
- Support in following up the related task and responsibility for the daily workers at the base level including contracts, amendment, extension, etc.
- Prepare bank reconciliation and Revenue reconciliation and take corrective action if needed every month by the latest 4th the following month.
- Receiving the revenues from centers and individuals, and review the receipts of recording them in the "cash book".
- Follow up on the financial aspects of clinics and training centers’ revenues, as well as pharmacies.
- Review the revenues deposit in NECC bank's accounts on timely basis by the petty cash officer after being audited by the senior finance officer.
- Check the fixed asset list and resolve accounting discrepancies monthly.
- After Admin assistant has prepared fixed asset lists, reviewed by Accountant and approved by Senior Finance officer, in addition to Register the new fixed asset on Bisan software program before posted the payment voucher for it.
- Check petty cash, reimbursements, track receivables, and payables.
- Manage petty cash and make cash count every month according to NECC guidelines.
- Create new budget account on Bisan upon request by Senior finance officer and following up the control the NECC and Donor's budget activities.
- Support project coordinator and senior finance officer in budget preparation for projects’ proposals.
- Attend Tender opening committees to ensure competitiveness and quality in the submissions and document findings and monitor tendering processed in coordination with the procurement coordinator to ensure that tendering occur in accordance with the cooperation agreement and local laws.
- Ensure the compliance with the internal guidelines regarding the risk of theft, armed robbery, corruption, embezzlement, errors, and losses.
- Assist the senior finance officer in preparing NECC annual budget, Donor's financial reports, Statement of financial position and statement of activities.
- Support the members of admin, project and procurement team in the follow up and implementation of current accounting regulations and ensure all admin staff adhere to organization procedures.
- Prepare Donor's Financial reports on a timely basis upon requests from the senior finance officer.
- Interacted with external auditors in completing audits, and work with them closely upon request.
- Translation accounting documents, Typing and sending of letters when needed.
- Ensure a timely full accounting monthly closure and annual closure.
- Maintain files for cash payments, bank reconciliations, and all other financial documents as required (Hardcopies or Softcopies) on timely basis.
- Prepare on time a monthly Timesheets for the staff.
- Covered senior finance officer when they absent.
- Assist the Senior finance officer in accounting related issues.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Accountancy, Financial Management or Administration or related field.
- Knowledge of Admin procedures, accounting and finance. is compulsory.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance bookkeeping and archiving.
- Knowledge of donor’s guidelines (EU, UNICEF, and other donors.) is an advantage.
- Good Knowledge of Budget Follow Up.
- Excellent Knowledge of preparing financial reports.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in finance and/or accounting related field.
- Experience in working with BISAN accountancy software is a plus.
- Experience in appropriate bank and cash management & Accounting cycle.
- Good experience in budgeting and budget management.
- Preferably previous working experience in NGO.
- Excellent Knowledge of project and procurement cycle.
- Fast learner and ability to work under pressure.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Computer skills in MS-Office (Word, PowerPoint and internet, command Excel)
المسمى الوظيفي Accountant
آخر موعد للتقديم 06 - Apr - 2022
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
التصنيف المحاسبة والعلوم المالية
Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants must show their willingness by sending the cover letter and updated CVs to [email protected], the deadline for the applications is 6 April 2022 at 01:00 pm.
Note: Please send the email with a subject of (Accountant- Name of Candidate).
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة جمعية اتحاد الكنائس
Senior Finance Officer
Entrepreneurship Development Expert
مدرب فنّي في مجال الحدادة واللحامات
24, Aug, 2021
Senior Finance Officer
30, Nov, 2020
مدرّبة لغة إنجليزية
16, Jul, 2020
مدرب فنّي كهرباء عامة وطاقة شمسية
28, Apr, 2020
استشاري في مجال تصميم الجرافيك والوسائط المتعددة
18, Nov, 2019
Multimedia & Graphics Design Trainer
18, Nov, 2019