Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader in partnership with Global Communities is implementing Gaza Household WASH Activity (GHW) USAID-funded program. The three-year program will improve human health, environmental health and livelihoods in vulnerable communities by increasing access to facilities and services for safe domestic water and improved sanitation. Priorities include: 1) Providing durable solutions to vulnerable communities, such as the establishment, extension or rehabilitation of water distribution networks and sanitation systems at the household and neighborhood levels; and 2) Increasing emergency WASH preparedness interventions to mitigate and reduce rainwater and sewage flooding risks in vulnerable communities.
Bayader is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired for the following position:
Position Title: Accountant
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Program Manager
Contract Duration: One year (Renewable up to 30 months)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Managing the project budget-by-budget formulation, controlling allocations, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the projects;
- Recording and bookkeeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and other journal entries;
- Prepare payment requests and get the needed approvals. This entails control of supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices and checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project codes against which the payment requests are issued;
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial obligations stated in the signed partnership agreement;
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator (budget holder) and under financial supervision of acting financial manager, for budget follow up, proposed budget reallocations, cash forecast and other issues related to purchases.
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the financial reports, and staff work contracts. (both soft and hard copies);
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasts and the bank reconciliation;
- Ensures the effective recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processes administrative and financial transactions in an accurate and timely way;
- Ability to handle different budget formats including matching activities with actual expenses alongside with vouchers and other supporting documents;
- Perform any other financial tasks that could be required.
- Other duties and tasks related to the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor university degree in Accounting, or other relevant filed with at least good grade;
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in similar position;
- Minimum 1 year experience working with local NGOs;
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Experience in using the accounting system (Golden Asseal);
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic;
- Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team;
- Able to work under pressure and able to work within a team.
- Resident of Rafah, khan Younis, Middle Area governorates.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
Deadline for submitting applications Tuesday 30/11/2021 no later than 15:00 PM.
Female and people with Disability candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written exam.