Full-time position / International Non-Profit Organisation
Level of effort: Full time - 100% of the time (40 hours/week)
Applications Deadline: November 28, 2021
Starting Date: December 15, 2021
This post reports directly to the Finance and Field Operations departments at Headquarters. The accountant will be responsible for processing payments for all projects and administration of local offices. S/he is responsible for issuing periodic expense reports based on approved budgets, preparation of payroll and tax payments, managing relationship with the bank and bank transfers, monitoring procurement, and ensuring compliance to administrative and financial procedures and policies.
- Prepare financial reports as needed by the Executive Director, board of directors, different departments, and local authorities.
- Help the Financial supervisor in closing end of year accounts and financial statements and cooperating with auditors in preparing audit reports.
- Track payment and ensure timely processing of payment requests, received from program and administrative staff, and check proper supporting documentation
- Entering all payments on the accounting software and in accordance with the Chart of accounts and approved budgets
- Manage bank accounts and review bank reconciliations on monthly basis and submit to the financial supervisor for review
- Process staff payroll for all field offices and prepare tax deduction payments to be paid for the Ministry of Finance on monthly basis.
- Prepare and check inventory every six months and prepare inventory list to be sent to auditors and in preparation of financial audit for field offices
- Review petty cash payments and ensure proper supporting documents are attached.
- Ensure the compliance with the accounting principles, and financial policies of the organization.
- Establish financial operating procedures and train field offices to apply them consistently.
- Maintain staff records and ensure proper and confidential filing.
- Ensure compliance with the procurement guidelines
- Any other related tasks as requested by supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Good knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as an accountant, preferably in the NGO sector
- Good knowledge and skills in financial softwares (i.e., QuickBook)
- Strong writing skills and computer skills, especially excel, word, and outlook.
- Excellent communications skills in English and Arabic
- Positive attitude and ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letter, CV and three references to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.