تعلن سلطة المياه الفلسطينية وحدة إدارة المشاريع / رام الله عن حاجتها للوظيفة المذكورة ادناه وذلك للعمل ضمن طاقم وحدة إدارة المشاريع وذلك حسب الشروط المبين ادناه:
The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) ــ Project Management Unit in Ramallah invites experienced & qualified Palestinian to apply for the following position in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
Water Security Development - Gaza Central Desalination Program: Associated Works Project Phase I (AWP-Phase 1)
The proposed project is part of a coordinated international effort to address chronic poor water quality in Gaza and the significant increase in domestic demand expected in the medium term, which is projected to reach around 145 MCM a year by 2030. The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA), in partnership with the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB), the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), the Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) and the World Bank, formulated the Gaza Central Desalination Program (GCDP). The GCDP covers all Gaza and comprises two main components: (i) construction of a desalination plant with initial capacity to produce 55 MCM a year of desalinated water that can be doubled in the future; and (ii) construction of a north-south water carrier, including storage reservoirs to convey and properly blend the desalinated water with groundwater sources to achieve water supply meeting WHO guidelines for potable water. The latter component is referred to as “Associated Works.” In addition, as part of this component.
The Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) for the benefit of the has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Water Security Development - Gaza Central Desalination Program: Associated Works Project Phase I (AWP-Phase 1), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for supporting the Project implementation and management capacity of the implementing institution (PWA).
The PWA is considering the recruitment of a qualified Accountant who will contribute to the successful implementation of the project on fiduciary aspects.
Project Components :
- Component 1: Improved Supply of Bulk Water to the southern and middle governorates of Gaza
- Component 2: Capacity Building and Performance Improvement of Selected Institutions
- Component 3: Project Management and Implementation Support
The Accountant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Follow-up and recording of all financial data for World Bank projects and other projects in the southern governorates on the Bisan accounting system;
- - Coordination and communication with all the competent authorities represented by the Water Authority and the observers of the Ministry of Finance in their various departments to settle payments for projects and supplies in order to complete their disbursement;
- Review Contractor and Consultant invoices, payments and prepare disbursement applications;
- Provide annual accounting statements;
- Maintain the financial records pertaining to all aspects of the project;
- Provide financial accounting expertise and support to the project;
- Perform other financial and record keeping support as may be required to complete the project;
- Follow up the daily financial transaction of the project;
- The Accountant have to follow the Project Implementation Manual (PIM).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The following are minimum qualifications:
- Minimum university degree in Accounting with experience of 2 years in projects accounting.
- Have solid experience on the Bisan accounting system
- Have solid experience with Donors Financial and accounting management requirements in particular with World Bank regulations and guidelines;
- Capability of communicating both orally & writing in both English and Arabic.
Palestinian water authority premises in Ramallah
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year Extendable as demand necessity, on a full-time basis. The expected start date for the position is 01st of May 2021.
The CV’s and the supporting documents should be sent before 05/04/2021 to the email address below:
For more clarification, please do not hesitate in contacting the us during working hours (8:00 am-15:00pm).
Tel: 02-2987665 - Mobile: 0592055852
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted