Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six Day War, Caritas Jerusalem beneficiaries' number over 30,000 individuals from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 member organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking highly qualified candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Accountant
Contract Period: 12 months contract, with possibility of extension(s)
Reports to: Finance & Admin Director
Status: Full time
Starting date: ASAP
- Record accounting transactions into the accounting system and ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Assist in preparing special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Assist in preparing financial statements and supporting schedules according to close schedule.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Prepare cheques and bank transfers.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
- Prepare reconciliation for the projects.
- Prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
- Assist with analyzing financial reports on a monthly basis and report on variance.
- Responsible about the petty cash in the main office.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Frequent bank visits.
- Other duties as required by the Finance & Admin Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required education and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Experience 2 to 3 years’ experience in similar positions.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with other parties.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from direct supervisor to accomplish objectives.
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external Parties to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Holding Israeli ID and Valid driving license.
- Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
- Maintain positive teamwork attitude.
- Eager to learn and adapt.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected], and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by March the 18th 2021 no later than 04:00 pm, , and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.