The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a Palestinian grassroots non-governmental organization working since 1981 with and for Palestinian women oppressed by the Israeli occupation and marginalized by Palestinian patriarchal society. PWWSD seeks to empower women privet sphere as well as the public sphere. The Organization also works to improve the mental health of Palestinian women through psychosocial services, including group and individual counselling. PWWSD also works to provide women with the resources they need to combat gender-based violence (GBV) and empower themselves politically, economically and socially so that they are able to transform their society to one that is inclusive, egalitarian and democratic. PWWSD takes a gender-responsive, Human rights based approach especially regarding international human rights. PWWSD has extensively engaged youth and working women, as well as rural women, as critical allies in lobbying duty-bearers to promote gender equality. Furthermore, PWWSD engages women in advancing women to advance a women-lead agenda for peace and security in accordance to International Humanitarian Law.
PWWSD works across all governorates in the West Bank and Gaza, with its Headquarters in Ramallah, and community centers in Bethlehem, Nablus, Jenin, Tulkarem and Gaza.
PWWSD is seeking to recruit a full-time Accountant based in its Ramallah Headquarters.
We are looking for an experienced and committed candidate who can fill in the accountant position available at our office in Ramallah. You will be responsible for handling daily accounting activities and ensuring that the accounts are always up to date and reconciled.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and ensure daily registration of accounting entries and filing of accounting documents.
- Ensure that invoices are made according to legal requirements, approved properly, and supported by required documentation such as freelance agreements and is recorded in the books.
- Make sure that all payments are timely and accurate; plan currency exchange transactions and cashbox flow.
- Manage the project/s & branches cash box.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Participate in the monthly accounting close ensuring timelines accuracy.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial reports, annual reports, audited accounts, and budgets.
- keep up to date records of the fixed assets.
- Prepare monthly check payments to creditors and suppliers and ensure remittance of all statutory deductions as per Palestinian tax laws.
- Prepare and follow up of for V.A.T request documents for the P.A Ministry of Finance.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to plan payments of suppliers and/or bills of services and utilities.
- Support the Project Manager with monthly and yearly closing of budgets activities.
- Prepare timesheets and salary slip for projects staff.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 1st degree in Accounting or similar.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience (work experience with NGOs is an asset).
- Excellent organizational skills, precision, rapidity, reliability.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage workload under deadlines.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office package).
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Sham accounting system.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV with a cover letter to the following e-mail address: [email protected] no later than 11/7/2020.
(Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview)