Background of REFORM:
The Palestinian Association for Empowerment and Local Development – REFORM is a Palestinian NGO that works in the field of empowerment and local development, seeking to promote inclusion and social solidarity in Palestine through empowering marginalized hard- to-reach groups. REFORM aims to enhance the social and political participation of these groups and community activism, to facilitate equal access to public utilities through strengthening the capabilities of young and women, and to provide a reliable database for the political and administrative decision makers in Palestine.
The overall objective of the job
Contribute to achieve the administrative and financial goals through:
- Apply the accounting system of the association efficiently and effectively and ensure the commitment of colleagues.
- Ensure that the cycle of financial documents is conducted and that the financial transactions are completed and complied with the policies and procedures of the association, and prepare financial periodic reports and final accounts with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Manage, coordinate and follow up the implementation of accounting and financial plans and procedures.
- Implement the financial and accounting procedures adopted at the association.
- Prepare all documents issued and received to the accounting department, ensure their authenticity and contain the necessary signatures.
- Register all documents in their respective accounts in accordance with the applicable accounting system and on the basis of the approved accounting cycle.
- Issue payment vouchers and prepare checks related to them, after confirming the validity of the attached documents and follow up on obtaining the necessary signatures on the checks in accordance with the applicable powers.
- Prepare a statement of liquidity in banks when preparing payment vouchers.
- Implement unplanned petty cash reconciliations and follow up on employees petty cashes.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements, show differences (if any), inform the Finance and Admin. Officer for review, and prepare necessary settlement restrictions.
- Perform periodic and annual inventory of fixed assets and match them with balances of the concerned accounts.
- Preparing periodic financial reports for the concerned parties.
- Archiving transactions and data related to the accountant department and keep the archive up to date.
- Follow up the expenses of the association, allocate them on projects, and compare them with the balance of projects in coordinate with the Financial and Admin. Officer.
- Prepare the salary list and all needed transactions and ensure their accuracy, validity and commitment to the procedures and regulations of the association.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by your direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA degree in Accounting.
- At least two years of experience in the field of accounting in NGOs.
- Technical skills related to the job:
- Proficiency in English and Arabic languages.
- Precision in work and ability to observe.
- Experience using Bisan System for at least 2 years.
- Ability to analyze financial data.
- Ability to prepare financial reports.
- Familiarity with all policies and procedures related to work
- High skill in time management.
- Save and organize data and documents.
- Flexibility and adaptation to work variables.
- Affiliation and Institutional commitment.
- Teamwork and initiative.
- Communication Skills.
- Manage resources effectively.
Qualified candidates should send the following in English language:
- An updated resume including three professional references.
- A cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position.