International Medical Corps is working to relieve the suffering of those impacted by war, natural disaster and disease by delivering vital health care services that focus on training, helping devastated populations return to self-reliance. IMC has been working in Gaza since 2009 and is currently implementing a project to support health service provision in partnership with local NGOs.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
International Medical corps is currently looking for: Accountability Officer (1).
Capacity: Full Time Contract
Desired Start Date: 01. February, 2022
End date: 30. September,2022 (with the potential for extension depending on available funding)
Location: Gaza City.
Reports to MEAL Senior Officer
IMC’s policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Actively promote Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) standards within IMC and amongst its beneficiaries.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the Code of Conduct, humanitarian principles and the 9 Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) commitments. Apply the basic monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning concepts and the purpose of MEAL, with a specific focus on accountability to affected populations (AAP).
- Manage the implementation of policies and procedures for monitoring, evaluation and reporting in the country specific to AAP and CHS commitments.
- Guide the MEAL teams on participative monitoring methodologies (e.g. constituent voice, community scorecards).
Project design and planning
- Identify the budget/resources needed for MEAL activities of projects pertaining to establishment and maintenance of AAP systems and activities.
- Plan and manage a needs assessment that includes direct data collection from most vulnerable sub-groups of disaster affected communities or appropriate key informant (women, children, elderly, handicapped/special needs, and other marginalized ethnic/social groups).
- Support MEAL team in adapting needs assessments and planning to be more inclusive of direct beneficiary consultation, particularly in the identification / inclusion of vulnerable groups.
- Conduct complimentary AAP analysis/assessments, including, but not limited to: stakeholder analysis, communication needs assessment, CBFRM community consultation.
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data effectively at different levels: facility, community.
- Ensure data entry using an electronic database.
- Lead data collection activities following the data collection and reporting flow put in place for a project.
- Develop simple data collection tools based on monitoring indicators.
- Train data collectors in basic principles of data collection.
- Maintain effective MEAL system (ensure data collected translate to MEAL Framework/IPTT).
- Ensure that AAP data is collected routinely throughout project cycle (not just at project mid and endpoints, enabling corrective action).
- Develop and maintain local Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanism (CBFRM) Procedures as per organizational CBFRM Guidelines.
- Lead/Conduct Regular community consultations, surveys, FGDs to gauge/monitor how well country team is adhering to AAP commitments and progress towards achieving AAP work plan objectives.
Data quality management
- Adhere to the fundamental concepts of data quality.
- Conduct on-site routine data quality audits at different field site/office-levels.
- Assess the quality of collected data for indicators.
- Mitigate data pitfalls, issues, and strategies for quality data.
- Coordinate routine data quality audits conducted in different sites and compile results at the level of a mission.
- Provide supportive supervision on data quality at field site/office-levels.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve data quality.
- Manage tools and methods for assessing data quality for all indicators.
- Apply the concept of ‘random sampling’ following instructions/guidelines of a manager while conducting any community level survey.
- Apply ‘spin-the-bottle’ method used for selection of households in population-based surveys.
- Implement probability and non-probability sampling techniques as and when appropriate after consulting with manager.
- Develop sampling frame and carry out sampling following instructions (manager, guidelines).
Qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Conduct qualitative data collection activities.
- Use different methods of data collection in qualitative research:
- Key informant interviews
- In-depth interviews
- Group discussions
- Focus group discussions
- Direct observations as a MEAL tool
- Develop and use key qualitative tools (observation checklists, guide for group discussion and interviews) for monitoring purpose.
- Engage with communities on accountability and conduct community consultations.
- Engage with communities on accountability and conduct community consultations, demonstrating an understanding of underlying social dynamics, and ensuring data collected is representative of populations without power (avoiding over dependence on community leaders, local authorities, and/or government authorities as prime sources for defining communities "needs" and preferences).
- Able to design and lead appropriate methodologies to consult communities on their preferences based on operational context.
- Perform data entry using a statistical software and under guidance and supervision.
- Know the different interview techniques (structured/ semi structured).
- Design and use structured questionnaires for monitoring purpose.
- Organize training and coordination of enumerators.
- Promote the use of direct beneficiary data collection methodologies specifically focused on beneficiary perception, satisfaction and other quality management measurements.
- Oversee logistics planning and survey data collection, data entry and management.
- Develop database structures to store and manipulate quantitative data.
Mobile and manual data collection
- Determine the appropriate data collection tool based on the purpose, advantages and disadvantages of mobile data collection techniques.
- Use smart phones/tablets for data collection.
- Design simple questionnaire using XLS form.
- Install and configure mobile data collection tools (OKD collect, Kobo collect, ONA collect, etc.) on smart phones or tablets
- Design questionnaire using form builder (Kobo form builder, ONA form builder, etc.)
Data analysis, including use of statistical software
- Performs qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Perform descriptive univariate and bivariate data analysis using Excel Pivot tables.
- Interpret frequency tables, bi-variate cross tables, mean and median.
- Apply the fundamental principles of evaluation (concepts, purposes and types of evaluations, contribution versus attribution, counterfactual).
- Contribute to the preparation of project evaluation and facilitating the field level work
- Use and supervise quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods of data collection in evaluation.
Techniques for presenting information
- Communicate clearly the findings of accountability activities and reviews against targets set by the project using basic data visualization tools such as tables and graphs to represent data and information.
- Compile data and indicators at project level for reporting in a clear and concise manner, providing all required information.
- Use PowerPoint to share results of data analysis and monitoring.
- Presents AAP data in simplified yet informative formats, depicting disaggregated community perceptions on quality of humanitarian actions and accountability commitments.
Management and leadership
- Supervise survey enumerators at field sites level.
- Coordinate with manager/program staff for data collection/MEAL activities.
- Support the Country Office in identifying human resources needs in MEAL.
- Provide technical guidance and coordination of MEAL officers from field sites as pertaining to AAP/CHS implementation.
Capacity development and training
- Deliver basic and intermediate level training to staff (data collection methods, use of tools and core concepts as they pertain to Accountability to Affected Populations and the CHS).
- Assess the knowledge change of participants to trainings.
- Identify gaps in staff knowledge of MEAL concepts and skills and can provide a training in these topics.
- Organize/ facilitate training and provide coaching/mentoring staff and on-the-job training to improve skills of staff pertaining to AAP and the implementation of the CHS.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Organize the documentation of the project activities, results, and processes.
- Organize secondary data (internal and external sources).
- Organize internal reviews and lessons learned workshops and present practical recommendations.
- Develop high quality case studies and lessons learned report.
Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanism
- Provide support to the MEAL Specialist/Coordinator/Manager on establishing and maintaining effective feedback mechanisms for decision making, fully in line with commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including IASC CAAP, CHS, and Sphere Humanitarian Charter
- Support in implementing and monitoring the CBFRM, accountability initiatives, and practices across the Mission.
- Support the implementation of methodologies to consult communities on their preferences based on the operational context.
- Oversee the implementation of the Conflict Sensitivity approaches across the project/program.
- Oversee IMC’s adherence to Do No Harm and the conflict sensitivity (Safe and Effective Humanitarian Response) framework at the missions.
- Ensure compliance with IMC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Stick to IMC Standards and Regulations.
- Proactively engage with supervisor, and key staff.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with supervisors/Line Managers, to seek advice where needed.
- Represent IMC in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values, and standpoint regarding other actors
- Ensure the application of, and compliance with, IMC security protocols and policies of you.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Math’s, Management Information System and Social Work/Social Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of applied experience with a humanitarian organization and or working with refugees/IDPs in humanitarian settings.
- Familiarity with and experience in implementing the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS), Quality COMPASS or similar humanitarian quality management initiative.
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP) e.g. IASC CAAP, CHS, Sphere Humanitarian Charter and Protection Principles.
- Strong training facilitation/presentation skills and/or experience with carrying out community level information education communication (IEC) campaigns.
- Excellent report writing skills in English.
- Demonstrated understanding of data protection and confidentiality as part of data collection and management practices, and ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- High-level MISSION’S LANGUAGE proficiency (Speaking – Reading – Writing).
- Excellent level of computer skills and statists programs.
المسمى الوظيفي Accountability Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 25 - Dec - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
How to apply.
- Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to fill the application in the link below no later than December 25, 2021.
- CVs and Cover Letter must be submitted in English.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Website for Contracts misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة International Medical Corps IMC
19, Dec, 2021
COVID Response Officer
9, Dec, 2021
9, Dec, 2021
7, Dec, 2021
5, Dec, 2021
18, Nov, 2021
14, Nov, 2021