Title: Access to Justice Program Manager (A2J PM) – Local contract
Location: Jerusalem preferred, with flexibility on other location
Deadline for application/closing date: 9th November
Length and type of contract: one year with possibility of extension, starting ASAP
Context: Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading worldwide reference on restorative juvenile justice, which accumulates over 40 years of experience in the Palestinian context. The Access to Justice (A2J) Programme aims at contributing to develop and to improve justice systems by enhancing the restorative approach and in particular by promoting alternatives to trials, detention and specialized custodial care for children, better prevention and reintegration, and synergies in contexts of legal pluralism.
Tdh’s strategic plan creates a comprehensive framework for action that combines axes on operations, advocacy, research and quality and accountability, with a view to creating lasting and meaningful change in the lives of children in contact with the law:
The position: Tdh is looking for a strong experience professional who is results-oriented, people-skilled, dynamic and proactive. The candidate will lead, guide and support all Palestine A2J programme development and strategic planning, ensuring quality project cycle management in all stages in close collaboration with Tdh team, local partners and stakeholders in country and strictly following Tdh standards. S/he will also work very closely and in coordination with the A2J regional team, contributing to the harmonized development of the A2J Strategy in line with regional and global programme’s goals.
In order to accomplish the aforementioned, s/he should combine strategic, managerial and technical leadership and experience managing A2J projects, including with a broader knowledge of child protection principles in programme development, gender and protection mainstreaming expertise.
- Technical Support, advice including capacity building: Provide professional technical advice and support to A2J Programme activities, including relevant Ministries/ governmental agencies and civil society organizations - Legal review and provision of technical contributions to Tdh researches, policy documents, strategies, briefings - Oversight of A2J information and counseling activities provided by the partners of Tdh - Develop appropriate A2J programme-related tools - Keep updated on the development of regulations, laws related to the activities - Identify capacity building needs and develop and implement a Learning & Development action plan for staff and partners as required.
- Representation, coordination and liaison: Attend and actively participate in Law Enforcement Committee, Child Protection Working Group/Protection Cluster and EUPOLCOPPs Prison Group - Actively propose and ensure regular meetings with the formal justice actors, relevant academic institutions, as well as with informal/community-based justice actors - Network with relevant other (I)NGOs and entities - Attend appropriate external meetings at sector level, to ensure that Tdh’s aims and activities are shared with partners.
- Program management: Actively participate in the design of strategies and actions for improved support to children in conflict and in contact with the law, with solid gender lens - Lead the development of new proposals for funding - Ensure that A2J project activities are appropriately and timely implemented and managed including Planning, M&E learning, in line with donor and Tdh standards - In collaboration with the Finance Responsible forecast expenditures and track activities expenses monthly (budget follow-up) - Manage and follow-up implementation of the A2J projects assigned to local partners including monthly reporting of activities and progress, as well as support when necessary.
- Others: Advise on the overall development and management of the existing Informal Justice systems (IJS) database and mobile data collection - Comply with Tdh Security Regulations – Timely and quality submission of various reports following Tdh and donors standards and regulation - Commit to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Tdh Code of Conduct and Tdh Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter and should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]. Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
- Deadline for applications is Friday 9 November 2018 at 23:59pm. However, Tdh will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and reserves the right to close th recruitment process earlier if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
- Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged, those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.