Deadline: November, 19, 2022
- Adapt existing tools, lead and implement assessment sessions for needs detection, key informant interviews, focus group discussions with professionals and key community members, mapping resources, through accurate receipt of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Organize and implement capacity building activities focused on mental health and psychosocial support for key professionals.
- Design pedagogic tools and tailored training on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support topics for health, mental health and education professionals, including partner and civil society staff members.
- Design tools and implement case management and supervision sessions with trained MHPSS field professionals.
- Design, elaborate and adapt protocols based on updated knowledge on protection and MHPSS.
- Identify best practices, lessons learnt, limitations and recommendations for the future.
- Support in the development of research.
- Contribute in the design communication materials and support technically advocacy actions.
- Support in the elaboration of Standard Operative Procedures, e.g. the child MHPSS referral system between the different professionals.
- Implement and contribute to develop quality assurance measures and tools.
- Support on MHPSS programming and drawing up new ideas for project proposals.
- Contribute to the elaboration of project proposals.
- Assist in the analysis of the data collected and reports both quantitatively and qualitatively.
-Contribute to elaborate monthly situation reports and mid-term donor reports.
- Continuously assess monitor and evaluate projects’ needs.
- Contribute to the preparation of projects activities and annual budgets.
- Elaboration of internal and externals (donors, cluster, governmental institutions) reports.
- Participate in project technical justification.
- Implementation and regularly update of the project intervention database(s).
- When requested, participate in relevant platforms/networks/clusters focused on MHPSS/health theme.
- Contributes to establish and maintain collaborative relationships within Social Development and Mental Health System and with other key partners and organizations, including services providers.
- Coordination with staff from other MdM chapters, INGOs, NGOs and CBOs.
- Collect information to support advocacy activities that follow the advocacy line of the organization.
- Perform additional duties on request of the MHPSS Manager, Field Manager, Program Coordinator, MHPSS Coordinator and General Coordinator.
- Ensure that all relevant technical and project documentation is shared and accessible in English language.
- Represent MdM-S in networks/clusters focused on MHPSS/health theme upon request of his/her supervisor.
- To attend MdM-S team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- To prepare, if necessary, contingency plans with the MdM-S team.
- To elaborate articles about the MdM interventions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic / Professional background:
- Bachelor degree in Psychology
- Training on psychotherapy or counselling
- Master degree in Clinical Psychology, Advanced Mental Health degree or equivalent are assets
- Graduation from the Gaza Community Mental Health Program is an asset
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive professional experience in the relevant field is required.
- Previous working experience with local NGOs or INGO in similar position, preferably in MHPSS projects and/or community intervention.
- Experience in developing and conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and previous participation in beneficiary selection processes, and case management.
- Experience in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) programs.
- Experience in collaborating with staff from MoH, MoEHE, MoSD and civil society organizations.
- Previous experience in community engagement and participatory approaches.
- Good knowledge in Protection issues
- Excellent Communication skills
- Previous experience providing trainings or facilitating staff capacity building activities and supervision sessions.
- Ability to cope with difficult security context.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM target groups.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as letters and reports.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Coordination ability to perform his/her duties as part of a team.
- Task independency but also open to receive feedback and technical support.
- Ability to identify strengths/weaknesses, proposing solutions for the improvement of the services provided.
- Ability to provide trainings. Familiarity with creative methodologies will be considered.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
- Resilient, empathetic and with affective responsibility.
Fluent speaking and writing English, native Arabic. Knowledge of Spanish language is an asset.
Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts will apply.
The compensation package total is from 65,364 ILS to 74,829 ILS gross / year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, MdM Spain covers a transportation allowance for the staff.
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV with 2 references in English to [email protected] before Nov, 19, 2022
Please indicate in the email subject the job title: Psychologist – Gaza
Applications that fail to abide by the Submission guidelines will not be considered.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
“Medicos del Mundo stands for equal opportunities for everyone. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional or social diversity and/or cultural exclusion, belong to groups that are underrepresented in the positions we offer. Therefore, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected for functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded due to birth, ethnicity, sex, gender or any other personal, social, or cultural condition”.