The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following post:
- Project Background:
UCS is the first National Palestinian non-profit and independent union of non-governmental charitable and developmental societies that was established in Jerusalem in 1958. It strives to build an effective Palestinian civil society through advancing the Palestinian civil work in an institutionalized and democratic manner and according to good governance and accountability standards in order to contribute to national building and sustainable development. UCS aims mainly at empowering the Palestinian non-governmental organizations, developing their resources and advocating for their rights and causes. It also strives for supporting sectoral development priorities in the fields of social welfare, poverty reduction, health, education, childhood, women and youth empowerment, integration of the disabled people, elderly care, human development and demographic planning.
- Main duties and responsibilities
To oversee, coordinate and consolidate the day to day running of UCS tasks to ensure a smooth implementation of projects and operations’ activities in order to achieve the desired results within the set time frames and efficiently utilizing the resources available.
- Specific duties and responsibilities
- In charge of preparing the initial planning design of specific projects’ activities and follow up the timeless and accuracy of the daily implementation of the activities.
- Guarantee visibility measures in close collaboration with Communication officer;
- Follow up of monitoring indicators for UCS activities in close collaboration with Programme officers;
- Supporting in the identification and elaboration of new project proposals;
- Assist Programme officers in preparing inception reports, work plans and regular donor progress and impact reports for the projects by providing the needed information;
- Coordination of all planned activities of the Projects in UCS areas of intervention;
- Draft coordinated plans with the team to support the implementation of the program/projects in a timely manner.
- Preparation of work plans and operation plans for various elements/ components of the program/projects on weekly, monthly, half yearly basis and an annual.
- Communicate permanently with target communities to explain the character of the projects, risks involved, possibilities, etc.
- Direct implementation of program’s and project’s activities.
- Institutional Outputs
- Monthly Report.
- Use of Online Calendar.
- Minutes of meetings.
Individual Action Plan.
- Monthly Project Work plan (in collaboration with Programme Officer).
- Quarterly Monitoring and Evaluation Matrix (in collaboration with Programme Officer).
- Timely deliverables according to Individual Action Plans.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the UCS that are within the incumbent’s expertise and experience.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Social Science.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in the projects coordination and management.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Fluently in English and Arabic (Spoken and written).
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a variety of concurrent activities, rank priorities, organize work efficiently, and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the most effective use of staff, facilities, and resources to achieve successful project objectives.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to structure own work independently.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently, and cope with stress.
- Ability to solve problem.
- Skill in document composition.
- Ability to demonstrate computer literacy including use of word processing and basic programs such as excel, power point and web browsing.
- The applicant must have a valid driving license.
- How to apply:
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “Field Coordinator Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline for sending job applications will be Thursday in the 23rd of January2020.. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.