Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters, and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To support this work, we are looking for :
Contract type: 6 months fixed term contract (including 3 months probation) with the possibility to extend after.
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a handover if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensure the security of staff and vehicles while in the field.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before traveling, and ensuring non-MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics, and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use navigation tools, especially smartphone apps, and communicating with the base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver's position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints, and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Essential literacy.
- Essential 5 years minimum of previous driving experience.
- Good knowledge of West Bank, and Jerusalem roads
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4x4, trucks, etc.).
- Desirable work experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics.
- Arabic is mandatory, and English is desirable. Hebrew is essential for the yellow plate driver.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
- A holder of Jerusalem ID is a must for one of the two drivers.
- Valid driving license.
- Over 24 years old.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, and CV with reference details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
With the reference: Driver Jenin.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date 9th October 2023 MIDNIGHT