The Palestinian Museum is looking for a motivated and committed individual with a strong background in Information and Communication Technology, digital reproduction and digital archiving practices, a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the position, managerial experience in a cultural or artistic organization/project, experience in digital reproduction, photography, communication, who is also familiar with different concepts and methods of archiving, strong communication and interpersonal skills, proficiency in English and Arabic.
The Palestinian Museum Digitization Manager will be responsible for setting up a digitization lab, and the digitization of 150.000 records in three years, coordination of the digitization staff, and managing all digital assets, including storage and backups. S/he will oversee the digitization process to ensure the desired result is achieved on time and the budget is respected. The Digitization Manager will work closely with the Project Manager and the Research and Collections Manager and will collaborate with other departments for support.
Digitization Manager Responsibilities:
- Establish a Digitization Lab at the Palestinian Museum.
- Establish and Overview the digitization workflow in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Digitization (scanning and reproduction) of photographic/audio-visual collections.
- Supervise and coordinate the workflow of the digitization staff.
- Training of digitization staff.
- Retouching/editing and color correction of digitized items.
- Vetting files for technical quality.
- Maintain workstations and other equipment in the Digitization Lab.
- Design, implement and manage tools for better digitization objectives and processes.
- Generate documentation about his/her work including progress reports.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Project Manager
- Migrate digital records and their derivatives to the server.
- Maintain storage and regular backups of the digital collections.
- Communicate with partners and coordinate mirroring of collections.
- Coordinate with development team on the requirements and specifications of the CMS and online platform.
- Maintain storage and regular backups of the CMS.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Excellent knowledge in analogue and digital photography / sound/ video
- Familiar with work in archives and databases
- Long experience in digitization, familiar with professional image scanning software such as Silverfast
- Familiar with the use of digital cameras, calibration tools, and scanners
- Long experience in working with Adobe suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge)
- Knowledge in ICT
- Knowledge in coding and programming is a plus
- Team player
- Meticulous, and technically skilled.
You can apply for this position online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Application deadline is Sunday, November 24, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered.