Union of Health Care Committees (UHCC) is a grassroots, community-based Palestinian Health organization and is non–governmental and non-profit making. It was established in 1985 by a group of Palestinian doctors and health professionals seeking to supplement the decayed and inadequate health infrastructure in Gaza Strip.
Union of Health Care Committees (UHCC) will implement “Rehabilitation and Reintegration for the Persons with Disabilities and Capacity Development for the Caregivers in Gaza Strip” project through partnership with Campaign for children of Palestine (CCP) and fund from Japan Platform (JPF)
The project is aimed to promote independence in people with disability or physical injuries without being left behind in society through: (1) improvements and prevention of deterioration in civilians, especially children and women, with disability and illness (2) Human resource development for supporting patients with disability and physical injuries(3) Provision of vocational training and promotion to participate in social activities for people with disability and patients with physical injuries.
UHCC seeks qualified candidate to fulfill the following vacancy:
Position title: occupational therapist
Directly Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Location: Gaza City/Khan Younis
Contract length: 8 months (from Feb 2018 to Sep 2019)
Summary Job Description:
The project involves the set-up of rehabilitation services on outreach and at rehab unit. The team will provide rehabilitation sessions to injured persons of 2014 Israel-Gaza conflict and persons with physical disabilities result from congenital disorders. The occupational therapist will be supporting the target group to better maintain their ADL activities. (Activities of Daily Life)
The occupational therapist will be responsible to:
- Provide occupational therapy services to patients with disability. This includes conducting comprehensive assessments of functioning, teaching patients’ skills of daily living, and engaging patients in creative and productive activities.
- Develop a rehabilitation program to develop delayed skill; help rebuild lost skills and restore lost or low confidence.
- Cooperate with a wide variety of other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients’ families
- Advise on home and workplace environmental modifications, such as adaptations for wheelchair access for persons of disability
- Advise on specialist equipment to assist with ADL activities (Activities for Daily Living)
- Write reports and attend multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment.
- Prepare, maintain and update client records
- Preserve clients’ confidentiality and privacy.
- Document, maintain and update records of activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in occupational therapy
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in working with persons of disability
- Good understanding of disability social model and rights based approach
- Willingness to travel to the field
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meeting deadlines.
- Positive, innovative, inspirational and problem solving attitude
- Excellent skills in English (writing, speaking, reading)
Interested Candidates are requested to fill the following form online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة no later than 1st Feb 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.