Human Appeal is a UK-based humanitarian and development agency that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programmes and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide. Now over 25 years old, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe.
Human Appeal has recently become operational in Palestine implementing humanitarian and longer-term development projects in Food Security, Health, WASH and other priority sectors across Palestine.
Human Appeal is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the following vacancy in the West Bank, including Jerusalem:
Programmes Coordinator – West Bank
Position Ref.: HA/P/1-2019
The Programmes Coordinator will be one of Human Appeal’s dynamic team members to oversee the development and delivery of all Human Appeal’s programme activities in the West Bank, including Jerusalem. He/she will manage, coordinate and support all the ongoing and future projects and programme activities. This includes supporting the design, implementation, quality monitoring, possible expansion and development, and administration of HA’s overall programmes in the West Bank, including Jerusalem, leading to realization of project and programme goals.
- Assist the programmes team in the management of HA supported programmes to ensure effectiveness, adherence to pre-defined objectives, and budgetary control to enhance coordination within departments and control over programmes.
- Oversee the efficient administration of the project in terms of finances, consultant contracts, keeping of records/minutes and other administrative tasks as required.
- Oversee the respect of the overall project cycle management for the different projects / programmes and ensure the compliance with HA and donor requirements and management standards.
- Supervise the implementation of contracts and project activities to meet timelines, budget limits and project objectives.
- Capacity to conceptualise programme interventions and to problem solve in coordination with the Programmes Manager.
- Communicate and coordinate with local partners in line with Human Appeal projects and identify potential partners when/if needed.
- Represent Human Appeal in various coordination forums and donor meetings in the West Bank by attending relevant UN cluster coordination meetings, AIDA meetings and other relevant platforms and perform specific operational tasks as required by HA Palestine Field Office.
- Conduct regular project site visits to ensure effective and impactful implementation of project activities by tracking progress against outputs, outcomes and impact.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Qualification and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development studies, or other relevant degrees;
- Minimum of 5 years of proven relevant experience in managing humanitarian and development projects, ideally within an INGO or donor environment;
- Proven experience working closely with local and national civil society organisations and membership networks;
- Demonstrated experience in project proposal and professional report writing;
- Demonstrated expertise in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning;
- Strong people skills and the ability to build productive working relations with project the team, partners and wider stakeholders;
- Fluent communication skills in English and Arabic language (both written and spoken)
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Programmes Coordinator looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please send your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements.
Applications should be sent to: [email protected] no later than 22 March 2019 23:55pm local time. Kindly include “Job Application: HA/P/1-2019” in the Subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.