The Palestine Economic Policy Research Institute (M’ahad Abhath As-Syasat Al-Iqatisadiya Al-Filistini) (MAS) is a well-established and renowned Palestinian research institute which was founded in 1994 as an independent, non-profit institution to undertake high-quality economic and socio-economic policy research. The aim of the research function and related activities is to improve understanding of the Palestinian economy, deal with its constraints, and explore its potentials. The Institute’s overall goal is to assist policy-makers in designing evidence-based policies and foster public participation in the formulation of economic and socio-economic policies.
MAS is currently seeking to employ a Program Officer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Officer is a management position reporting directly to the Director General (DG) of the Institute and has two sets of duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
- Solicit and mobilize funds for MAS research programs and activities.
- Communicate with donors and partners and follow up with them on project implementation.
- Prepare narrative, progress, and evaluation reports in accordance with contracts and agreements with donors.
- Write grant and cooperation proposals for MAS projects and programs.
- Help in preparing summaries and press releases of MAS publications and activities.
- Help in editing of MAS studies, reports, press releases, and other relevant documents in English when needed.
- Keep updated files for all MAS funded programs and projects as well as profiles for current and potential funding parties.
- Promote MAS programs and projects.
- Report Writing
This task requires both original research as well as reviewing published work relevant to the issuance in English of the monthly Economic Bulletin and the semi-annual Food Security Bulletin with a view to leading the drafting of the two publications.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- A BA or MA Degree in Management/Social Sciences or other relevant fields with 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Working knowledge and overall understanding of the donor community and the external aid system, and familiarity with Palestinian development issues.
- Professional writing skills. Proficiency in Arabic language is an advantage.
- Native language proficiency in English.
- Strong public relations and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of and proficiency in relevant computer programs
Job Location: MAS premises, Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Terms, Salary and Benefits: A Full-Time Job
MAS offers a one-year renewable contract and can consider a longer-term contract after the first year on the job. The salary is based on the unified scale of Palestinian universities. Benefits include health insurance.
Start of work: 1st June 2019
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter elaborating on their interest in the position no later than 15th May 2019 to [email protected] or by fax at +972-2-2987055.
MAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer