Statement of Work: Procurement Assistant - WB
Project: West Bank & Gaza SMART Project
Expected start and end date: August 2022 – End of Project
Level of effort: Full-time
Location: Ramallah, Palestine
Through a package of technical assistance and grants, the Small and Medium Enterprise Assistance for Recovery and Transition (SMART) project aims to rapidly recover the Palestinian small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and put them on a path to revitalization following unprecedented crises, e.g., COVID-19. SMART will help SMEs regain productivity, grow, and expand. It will promote economic growth and self-reliance in the West Bank and Gaza.
The Procurement Assistant will support the Procurement and Grants team and under the supervision of the Procurement and Grants Manager, the incumbent will advise on the most appropriate and effective implementation mechanism for achieving programmatic results that meet work plan objectives and remain fully compliant to USAID/USG regulations. S/he will work with the project’s staff to ensure that all technical and administrative critical path actions necessary to meet schedules, deadlines and deliverables are identified, programmed and acted upon, such as document preparation, TAMIS data input, and USAID approvals.
- Maintain procurement files, monitor and evaluate the procurement process in all its aspects to ensure it’s done right and in compliance with DAI policies and USAID regulations.
- Conduct procurement and logistical arrangements; perform daily procurement actions for the implementation of the project activities such as procurement of equipment, goods and services, providing all documents in time and in compliance with DAI procurement procedures and rules.
- Prepare quotations, tenders for procurement of office equipment and services, review price quotations and prepare analysis.
- Prepare all necessary documentation for tenders (RFQs, RFPs), communication with evaluation committee members according to DAI procurement procedures.
- Manage and monitor the service provider’s contracts, payments and ensure that they are updated, accurate and cost effective.
- Make direct purchases of supplies within limits allowed by the project; contacts local sources of supply, obtain price quotations, and select the vendor.
- Work with the project’s staff to ensure that all technical and administrative critical path actions necessary to meet schedules, deadlines and deliverables are identified, programmed and acted upon, such as document preparation, TAMIS input, and USAID approvals.
- Prepare transfer and handover documents and make sure they are uploaded in DAI system (TAMIS).
- Ensure that all necessary procurement related data are recorded in TAMIS.
- Ensure timely preparation of documentation for reporting on procurement activities.
- Ensure regular update of list of suppliers of goods and services.
- Coordinate with the MEL team to monitor grant implementation and milestone reporting.
- Assist in the overall management and inventory tracking for project property, including its allocation to grantees and program implementation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience and 1 year in Procurement or related field
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent English communication skills including written communications
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High level of interpersonal and diplomatic skills required.
Reporting: The Procurement Assistant will report directly to the Procurement & Grants Manager