Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation (BASR) is a non-profit, non-government organization that is nationally recognized for the comprehensive specialized inclusive health, rehabilitation and development programs and services rendered to the Palestinian population, particularly persons with disabilities, is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Optometrist
Accountable To: Community Based Rehabilitation Program Manager
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
-Ability to perform various diagnoses including assessment and follow up to all kinds of visual disability/difficulty and optic disability effecting different parts of the eye of adults and children.
- Ability to prescribe appropriate eyeglasses/contact lenses and other assistive devices and technology after performing wide assessment.
- Assessing and diagnosing people with visual disability, as well as prescribing visual aids, and being well acknowledgeable of using those technical aids.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, as well as to conduct field visits in different areas of West Bank.
- Ability to write medical reports, and regular reports on daily work.
- Ability to implement other kinds of duties in the same speciality.
- Well acknowledgeable of medical terms, especially ophthalmic terms in both Arabic and English languages.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft office.
- Ability to travel outside the country for training.
- Driving licence is a must.
Interested candidates including qualified persons with disabilities with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV and a motivation letter by email to [email protected] no later than April 05, 2021.