QATAR RED CRESCENT (QRC)
Gaza Office Accountant
Location: Gaza Strip
Type: Permanent- Full Time
Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) is an International Humanitarian Organization and a member of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. QRCS started its representation in Gaza on January 2008 in order to address emergency and humanitarian needs in Gaza Strip.
Position Description Summary
For QRC to be effective in achieving its mission of providing emergency and humanitarian assistance, a highly integrated dynamic team approach to program operations is essential. Effective program implementation requires integrated field operations; financial and procurement services; monitoring, evaluation, reporting and analysis capability; support services; and strategic management coordination. Therefore, QRC requires a highly participatory, team approach, for successful implementation. Each position must be considered as an integral part of an overall Team operation. The Accountant is one of the integral positions.
The Accountant is vested with the day-to-day financial Tasks of all QRC operations and reports directly to QRC operations manager. The Accountant will implement the QRC financial policies and regulations. Adherence to the highest level of control and due diligence in financial policies and regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The accountant will take over the following duties under the supervision of QRC Operations Manager
- Prepare, review, and control the daily financial transactions according to QRC Financial Manual.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and integral outputs, and safeguard all financial data.
- Budget control for administrative and projects disbursements
- Enter all accounting data on the financial system based on approved accounting charts.
- Monitor QRC Bank accounts and Prepare Bank Reconciliation
- Custodian for Petty Cash and responsible for any disbursement from petty cash
- Prepare Payment voucher and ensure attaching all necessary supporting documents
- Prepare monthly financial reports according to international Accounting Standards
- Prepare projects cash flow
- Prepare financial reimbursements documents to be submitted to donors or QRC Headquarter
- Maintaining all financial files
- Review all financial documents of grants and ensure that all financial activities are implemented according to approved plans and agreed upon standards.
- Any other tasks requested by direct supervisor
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant experience in international NGO accounting.
- knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Experience in using the electronic accounting systems
- Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic
- -Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis
- - Solid Knowledge about the Palestinian Tax law
- -good personal attitudes and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Interested applicants should send their resume with a cover letter to the following email address; [email protected] not later than 12/08/2018 at 2 PM.