Reports to: Head of Gaza office - Al Fakhoora, a programme of Education Above All Foundation
Location: Gaza, with Moderate to low travel required as per business needs
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Al Fakhoora Overview
Al Fakhoora is an Education Above All Foundation programme based in Qatar and has a field office in Gaza. Al Fakhoora programme aims to secure access to education for young people in Gaza, West Bank and the region. Al Fakhoora works with local and regional partners to bring new hope and opportunities through scholarships and training.
Al Fakhoora programme promotes the right to education in affected areas by unlocking a new generation of marginalized youth to become educated, professionally skilled and inspired leaders of the future who can guide their families and communities towards cohesion and prosperity.
The Financial controller supports the Head of Gaza office - Al Fakhoora, and other team members in the financial and budgeting activities for the higher education programmes in the MENA region.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Budgeting, Financial Management, and Reporting
- Ensure verification and support to the preparation of budgetary planning and monitoring to allow for qualitative budget management
- Contribute effectively in financial aspects of budget development for new proposals
- Provide support to the elaboration of budget change proposals and validate them following EAA/Al Fakhoora guidelines
- Verify the correctness of budget planning
- Monitors all financial documents of expenditures and procurements made by the implementing partners in all project stages
- Reviews the financial reports of implementing partners and provides feedback and recommendations
- Prepares the financial reports of Al Fakhoora projects
- Assists Al Fakhoora to make decisions of approvals/non-approvals of expenditures during projects implementation by implementing partners
- Troubleshoot problems identified in the budget reports and recommends necessary changes
- Contribute to and participate in the development of the finance policies and procedures to be ensure adequate finance controls are in place according to international accounting principles
- Review installment/payments requisitions for implementing partners of Al Fakooora projects in the Gaza strip and globally
- Perform any other responsibilities as required by the head of office.
- Capacity development of partner organizations in order to contribute to the improvement of their processes and systems and of their staff’s competences.
- Participate to and support the evaluation of needs and the implementation of a capacity development plan.
- Support the elaboration of supporting and management tools in favor of the partner organizations
- Support the intervention in the financial, accounting, administrative and logistical domains.
- Coordinate and facilitate audit missions
- Coordinate all audit activities in coordination with the financial unit
- Coordinate and facilitate the Internal Audit missions of Al Fakhoora Projects.
- Plan and report of field visits to partner organizations.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Minimum qualifications required for this position:
- A University degree in Accounting or its equivalent is required. A Master’s degree or professional certification in accounting (Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant) is desirable.
- Five years of experience working in financial management, 2 of which at least are within international non-profit organizations
- 2 years of experience in audit and compliance, preferably in one of the big 4 audit firms (PwC, Deloitte, EY and KPMG)
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain contacts with high-level officials of countries implementing institutions and partners, particularly to obtain necessary financial data
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Arabic, and the ability to present coherent and well-structured analysis and articulation in both languages.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must have excellent analytical ability to analyze data and assess its reliability and value, detect the financial strengths and weaknesses of projects, and make independent judgments regarding the institution's capabilities and the adequacy of accounting systems and controls
- Must be able to present facts and recommendations in a clear, concise manner, both orally and in writing
- Proven experience in leading professionals in finance and accounting-related tasks
- Working relationship experience with global donors and global community development organizations is desirable
- Ability to collaborate closely and collegially internally with other departments as well as with external organizations
- Strong written and oral communications, including writing, proofreading and editing, and experience in the delivery of presentations
- Proficiency in MS Office software and advanced excel skills, and familiarity with internet tools
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to critically analyze complex financial documents
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Time management, including the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to develop a trusting and successful relationship with Al Fakhoora stakeholders.
- Self-motivation contributes to the success of Al Fakhoora projects in Gaza and elsewhere, which mainly benefits the educational sector.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications, are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Eligibility Candidates need to be only nationals of the country living in GAZA
To apply for the position listed above, please send your CV and a cover letter by email to:
[email protected], no later than Wednesday, July 20th, 2022, indicating the position title.